Race Chip

Just fitted a racechip to my 170 l&k estate. So far very pleased. I only fitted at after two of my mates had run them on their cars for the last 12 months. One with a 320 BMW coupe and the other with a Zafira.

Nice increase in drivability and torque, but it us not too aggressive. I am getting around 5mpg increase which mirrors what my friends were getting with their cars. Installation was a doodle and I can remove it in about 5 minutes.

I await the 'ohhh what about the warranty' comments with anticipation :-)

• 2 weeks later...

Do these have any effect with the DPF still fitted?

A decent tuning system won't affect your DPF, its a common myth that you need to remove the DPF's usually peddled by remappers.

check out our feedback from Briskoda members,

http://www.briskoda.net/forums/topic/273668-buying-a-crd-t-tuning-box-from-dtuk/

• 2 weeks later...

thinking about getting one to my Superb too. I have a RaceChip.de box fitted on my Kia Ceed 2.0 CRDI and it has been running fine for over a year now.

So my question to you is if the car still i running fine? no warning lights?

My other question is which car i have?

Guessing CR but i´m not sure.

I've just bought one of these: http://www.diesel-performance.co.uk/systems_available.php?id=4332

Seems to be a similar (The same but rebranded?) system and cheaper.

You also have UK support from what seems to be a well established company, which is what swung my decision over the racechip stuff.

A decent tuning system won't affect your DPF, its a common myth that you need to remove the DPF's usually peddled by remappers.

check out our feedback from Briskoda members,

http://www.briskoda.net/forums/topic/273668-buying-a-crd-t-tuning-box-from-dtuk/

Mmmm... It was Jabbasport that told me Id have to remove the DPF to get the full benefit? :smirk:

I've just bought one of these: http://www.diesel-performance.co.uk/systems_available.php?id=4332

Seems to be a similar (The same but rebranded?) system and cheaper.

You also have UK support from what seems to be a well established company, which is what swung my decision over the racechip stuff.

Hope you didn't get too cold today ;)

Our hardware is made in Germany by www.chiptuning.com

It was cold! and i still didn't find the bloody MAP sensor plug!

I did however have a run out without the MAP leads attached and was quite impressed ;)

I'll have another look today and give you a ring if I am still struggling.

So i braved the cold and got the car on my ramps, removed the plastic floor and there the little bugger was! Right underneath everything and quite impossible to get at from the top.

Reassembled everything and went for a little drive, got the car warmed up and wow what a difference it made!

Quick trip home and switched to 2+1 from the setting it came with 2+0 

A quick trip down the motorway it actually felt like i was in 4th not 6th and had to double check!

I'll give it a couple of tanks on this setting then have a play with program 4.

• 3 months later...

Tron, how are you getting on with your tuning box?

Jesse, did you get one in the end?

I'm toying with the idea of the DTUK CRD-t.  My current insurer won't insure with engine modifications, but a quick search of the market suggests it will cost me £150 extra, so not too bad.

I'm toying with the idea of the DTUK CRD-t.  My current insurer won't insure with engine modifications, but a quick search of the market suggests it will cost me £150 extra, so not too bad.

No, sorry, i have not gotten around to it yet. But spring is coming and i´m still thinking about it.

I'm toying with the idea of the DTUK CRD-t. My current insurer won't insure with engine modifications, but a quick search of the market suggests it will cost me £150 extra, so not too bad.

Give us a call before speaking to your insurers as we may be able to help :)