MIB Columbus firmware versions

Has anyone had a firmware update done by the dealer on the MIB Columbus?

It has been out for 7 months or so now, I would have expected an update or two ....... The new maps are made available for download by Skoda, with a new version due in November, but a quick trawl of the usual places doesn't seem to shed any light on firmware for the MIB Columbus.

I'll get the version number of mine tomorrow and post it up, be interesting to see what the version numbers are coming out of the factory now.

Also, does anyone with a Columbus and without the windscreen mounted Lane Assist camera get Speed Limit signs on the Columbus? My old RNS-510 Columbus used to do this, but the MIB Columbus doesn't, which seems a step backward as the data is normally embedded in the map anyway. I don't have an option anywhere to enable it either - just thinking along the lines that it may be firmware version dependant.

Some Amundsen users seem to get speed signs without Lane Assist so can't see a reason why my Columbus doesn't, other than it isn't coded, or needs a new firmware. It even says it is there in the manual!

I have an ex-demo Elegance without lane assist and get speed limit signs displayed on the Columbus.  The feature has been enabled since I got the car, which was registered in June.  The 2013 maps are installed but I've not checked the firmware version.

The map menu, in the setup, has the Show traffic signs option ticked but I've not had a chance to see what happens when the option is unticked.

Yeah, that's the map updates.

I have an ex-demo Elegance without lane assist and get speed limit signs displayed on the Columbus.  The feature has been enabled since I got the car, which was registered in June.  The 2013 maps are installed but I've not checked the firmware version.

The map menu, in the setup, has the Show traffic signs option ticked but I've not had a chance to see what happens when the option is unticked.

Oddly, I don't have the option to enable 'Show Traffic Signs'.

I'll ask the dealer as to why it isn't enabled on mine. Do you think you could get a screenshot of the menu item and a map screen with a speed sign visible?

Oddly, I don't have the option to enable 'Show Traffic Signs'.

I'll ask the dealer as to why it isn't enabled on mine. Do you think you could get a screenshot of the menu item and a map screen with a speed sign visible?

Yes I can do that but I won't get a chance until tomorrow evening.

The update includes a lot more than just map maps hence the 15gb download. I'm fairly sure that it incorporates the Gracenote database among other things. By contrast the Amundsen download is only 4.5gb. if it includes firmware as well as maps is not something I'd know other than by trying.

Also I'd like to add that I get the speed limits displayed on the Columbus's screen.

OK - here are my version numbers and I don't have the speed limits, or the option to enable it as can be seen by the second picture.

post-61868-0-44714100-1382549498_thumb.jpg

post-61868-0-73628400-1382549507_thumb.jpg

The dealer hooked it up to VAS and couldn't find anyway of enabling it, and it didn't prompt them that any updates were available either.

If someone without Lane Assist who has the speed limit signs showing please post a picture of their version numbers and the menu option it would be appreciated.

OK, here are the screenshots from my system.

1023-01.jpg

1023-02.jpg

The speed limit signs appear in the top left corner of the Nav screen as per the manual.

Looks like the software version on mine is slightly later and the navigation database is older.

Nigel

Edited by niggle

Thanks for that, do you have anything other than Lane Guidance below Show Favourites?

At least I know my software is out of date now  :devil:

Maps can be downloaded from here - all 15Gb of them, but the next version is due out towards the end of next month

http://www.navigation.com/is-bin/INTERSHOP.enfinity/WFS/Navteq-NavteqEurope-Site/es_GB/-/GBP/View-Promo?&cwt=application/ApplicationFrame_campaign_light&&Page=Skoda-Landing-Page-MIB-Columbus&&NewDomainName=Navteq-NavteqEurope-Site&

Do you have access to VCDS to perform a scan of your car and get the coding for module 5F: Information Electr. ?

• Like 1

The rest of the menu is exactly the same as on yours, and I doubled checked once again that lane assist isn't fitted to car.

I don't have access to VCDS but it seems like a useful tool to have.

Thanks for the link to the maps, I also found it via a Skoda website link and will wait for the November update.  The 15Gb download isn't the worry, it's how long it might take to perform the update :think:

Nigel

About an hour and a half on mine, nothing like the 4 hours they quoted!

You can still use everything other than Nav whilst the update is running, it resumes when you start the car again and continues for about 20 minutes after you lock the car before the unit goes to sleep. You don't need to leave the igntion on once it has started off.

At the mo not a lot can be done with VCDS on the O3, I'm starting to collate all of the tweaks, but not much of use other than changing the number of flashes for the comfort indicator, enabling passenger mirror dip on reverse (not tried this yet), and auto rain closing. I have enabled staging (needle sweep) on the instruments like a vRS, looks cool but no actual practical use.

Interesting andyvee has newer maps but older firmware and niggle the other way round, in light of this I downloaded the update and found that it is newer map data which seems to be more up to date on some of my local roads -the A46 dual carriage way between Newark and Leicester: I wrote to Google about this a couple of years ago when it opened and got them to change their maps. I was a bit miffed to find that a car and navigation system significantly newer than the road using such old maps.

Interesting andyvee has newer maps but older firmware and niggle the other way round, in light of this I downloaded the update and found that it is newer map data which seems to be more up to date on some of my local roads -the A46 dual carriage way between Newark and Leicester: I wrote to Google about this a couple of years ago when it opened and got them to change their maps. I was a bit miffed to find that a car and navigation system significantly newer than the road using such old maps.

I updated the maps, I have set the ball rolling regarding firmware updates with the dealer and an ex Skoda master tech.

Sent from my HTC One X using Tapatalk

• 2 years later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...

Hello together, i have read (octavia-rs.com), there still a new firmware with the number 411.

The soundbug is gone, some clicking noise still here but there are a reduction from 90%.

I can't find the software for downloading in Swizerland or also in der Germany.

Anyone had the 411 firmware for downloading ?

• 1 month later...
  • 10 months later...