VRS hatch, mudflaps

Not sure what you mean Petmyd ? the flaps fit onto standard liner and holes, and are flush fitting to the bodywork, or so it looks ?

I did notice there is no hole in the liners for the third (bottom inner) fixing supplied, (looking at flap package pictures). 

Have those that fitted the flaps drilled this out (if so anything behind there to watch for), or found another solution ?

Not sure what you mean Petmyd ? the flaps fit onto standard liner and holes, and are flush fitting to the bodywork, or so it looks ?

I did notice there is no hole in the liners for the third (bottom inner) fixing supplied, (looking at flap package pictures). 

Have those that fitted the flaps drilled this out (if so anything behind there to watch for), or found another solution ?

An overseas poster said somewhere on here that when they had theirs fitted, they needed an additional liner but as this doesn't come in the pack, I assume they're not required or recommended in the UK.

As for drilling, there's nothing behind the liner and you can easily drill it with the wheel on full lock and holding the drill sideways. It says a 7mm drill but if I were doing it again, I'd try 6mm. It's a fairly tight fit but I'd have preferred to have needed to add a bit more pressure to insert the plug. I would definitely fit the third plug though, it does seem to add lots of security to the flaps.

Not sure what pin vices are but I used a torx bit held at a right angle in an adjustable spanner to loosen the screws on the rear. It worked a treat, much easier than trying to use stubby tools. Really pleased at how effective they are at helping keep the car clean.

Fitted both front and rear mud flaps to my vrs, took half an hour max and that included removing rear wheels. Fronts were possible by putting full lock on.

Didn't bother with the drill extra holes for the front. Two torx screws enough to hold securely. Rears have three, used the driver that is part of spare wheel kit.

Link to front set, one of the cheapest around and excellent service.

http://www.skodapartsireland.ie/product/Octavia_Front_Mudflaps_2013_5E0075111

Pin vice is basically a small tool for holding and manual drilling with smaller drill bits.

I have a stubby s/driver with torx and a set of torx wrenches (like allen keys) so the screws shouldn't be an issue  :happy:  

I posted my (unconventional) solution to avoid drilling holes here: http://www.briskoda.net/forums/topic/300335-vrs-front-mud-flaps/#entry3642666 . It's still working!

An overseas poster said somewhere on here that when they had theirs fitted, they needed an additional liner but as this doesn't come in the pack, I assume they're not required or recommended in the UK.

As for drilling, there's nothing behind the liner and you can easily drill it with the wheel on full lock and holding the drill sideways. It says a 7mm drill but if I were doing it again, I'd try 6mm. It's a fairly tight fit but I'd have preferred to have needed to add a bit more pressure to insert the plug. I would definitely fit the third plug though, it does seem to add lots of security to the flaps.

Taking your advice, I used a 6.5mm drillbit for the hole, and it was just about perfect for the push clip :thumbup:

Thankfully, the rears did have holes already (well the silencer side had a hole and required use of the metal screw clip), the other had an existing push clip as it had a plastic undertray.

What's the 'new car package' I've heard mentioned? Is it a Skoda option that you pay for or a 'goodwill' gesture by the dealer? (I've driven a bit of a bargain with mine and they no longer want to throw in a bootliner for 'goodwill'). 

What's the 'new car package' I've heard mentioned? Is it a Skoda option that you pay for or a 'goodwill' gesture by the dealer? (I've driven a bit of a bargain with mine and they no longer want to throw in a bootliner for 'goodwill'). 

i believe my dealer called it "winter pack", included mudflaps, rubber mats in the car and rubber boot liner. They gave me the carpet mats as spares as well. Was thrown in by the dealers.

• 7 months later...

They have been on my Vrs estate for months now. Only really remember I have them when I wash the car. And they are essential now that I work at a large steel complex where water drains are non existent.