Traitor Abandoning Ship

After 41/2 years of happy V6Tdi Edition 100 ownership - and membership of this forum - I am jumping ship to join the Mercedes clan with a CLS I bought today and expect to collect on Friday.

I feel like a traitor because I've been very happy with the Skoda but I just love V6's so it came down to an XF or a Merc. I did consider an Octavia L&K and VRS as well as a newer Superb but I couldn't convince myself to give up the smooth grunt of a V6 diesel.

The Skoda is going to a new home in Swansea tomorrow and I'll be telling the new owner about the forum.

It only remains for me to say that I've found this forum very friendly and helpful with lots of very knowledgable people. Thanks to everyone that has helped out with advice when I've needed it. I wish you all the very best.

Jonathan

• Like 3

Toodle pip Jonathan  :hi:

I think Merc is probably one of the few directions to go after a V6 'perb.  I'm not quite ready myself just yet, but might follow you somewhen down the road.

As Chris says, stick around.  We won't point, laugh or make any derisory comments, honest  :giggle:

Gaz

Hmm, I know that Superb I is now old car, but it is just sad to see, how people sell and leave such a good car. To easy.

I hate Mercs! Damn, stay with Skoda....:(

In love with my Sup forever and beyond!

• Like 2

I too am in the process of replacing my 06 2.5 Elegance after 124k and 7 years very happy miles. I looked at Phaetons (£465 pa rfl !!!) and stuff out of the Audi box - and have finished up with another, but 07 Facelift Elegance. Not quite  such a high spec. (I could never watch the seat-back DVD screens anyway..) Couldn't find anything else which matched quality / value. - so I have 2 Superbs in he drive at present. The 07 should see me through to mobility scooter days! :blush:

The only disappointment is that having only Skoda dealer stamps in the service book the amount of work needed to bring the car up to 'Forum' standards has been quite a shock.................. :wonder:

• Like 1

Good choice the CLS.  The other one I might consider for the near future would be an E class couple E350 cdi... they are quite roomy and elegant and that V6 is a bliss.

Phaetons were also on the cards for me, but oh so heavy... a direct comparison of the same engined A8 shows the direct aluminium to steel mass comparison affecting emissions, fuel range and RFL differences, to the extent that I actually converted to considering an A8L with a 4.2 tdi!

I have the 350 diesel in my C class and it's superb (excuse the pun). It had so much more 'grunt' than my previous 3.0tdi Audi and yet it is just as economical, slightly more so in fact and now that it is run in, I get low to mid 40s out of the car at around 80mph (if the Police are looking in, naturally when I say 80 I really mean 70................ :D )

It doesn't sound quite as nice as the Audi under load but is silent on the move and boy does it pull. I am really happy with it, especially the economy considering it pulls around 2 tons of car around and has an auto gearbox. In sport mode it handles really well too and it's so easy to overwhelm the ESP/traction control thingummy under the slightest of nudges on the accelerator :)

Edited by Lady Elanore