Cheap coilovers - JOM or FK

The JOM kit give a better ride quality and has a longer warranty but you need new drop links, the FK kit has a wider lowering range and comes with drop links.

Damian @ DPM Performance

Just looking on your site mate, any benefit of the pro sports?

Don't bother mate. APs are only £150 extra and much better!

I had the FKs and they only last 8,000 miles!

i couldn't second this more, i bought jom's second hand, and they're the worst coilover i've ever bought, not because of the previous owner, but because they're so cheap

i bought them as a stop gap, but it's mental, almost unacceptable how bumpy they are, if you can save and get AP's or 2nd hand KW's etc, do it

i'll be buying AP's at crimbo and my spine will thank me

if you HAVE to, then FK over JOM

• Like 1

Agreed I've said this many times before, ap's are much better. I originally went with joms as I thought they won't be bad for the price. In fact my uncle who drives high end cars said it's the worse journey he's ever had lol.

I swapped from joms to ap's.

Ap's are the best coilovers for the money they are made by same people that make either kw or another good brand.

• Like 1

• 2 months later...

I don't see the point in splitting hairs between budget coilovers.  People are always asking what the difference is in them.

Simple, they're all pretty much identical in every way except the colour of the springs.

You get what you pay for with coilovers.

Findings!

I am happy enough with the JOM's, i'm sure if you spent more then you would get better. They are firm but not overly firm and can be a bit crashy dependant on the road surface. Only other thing that I don't like is the rear adjustment doesn't go up enough. I am maxed out on the rear but the top of my tyres are in the arches and rub over bumps with 3 people in (running on 17" TT comps) All in all worth the money

• Like 1

Oh didnt realise lol, i ran loads of different wheels and never had a problem, but just dont see the point in buying cheap coilovers then having them on the highest setting surely thats worse than standard suspension, but what do i know, never had the problem  :S