We've started having tinker with the 2.0TDI 184PS

As some of you may of read earlier, we now have our own Octavia 2.0 184PS which allows us to spend some more time with the car on a day to day basis.

We've tuned 100's of the earlier 2.0 common rail engine found in the Octavia 2, with dyne results of between 210 and 220bhp from the 170PS and have several members running our CRD-T on their vRS's

Anyway, moving onto the new VAG EA288 2.0 150/184PS

Early development started in Germany with our partners DTE Systems, we supplied the software for their own Audi A3 2.0TDI 150PS which produced around the 180PS on their state of the art MAHA dyno.

audi20tdi150psdynograph.jpg

We've since sold and supplied over 30 kits to various Leon/Golf/Octavia and A3 owners running the 150ps :) and the feedback has all been positive :)

Regarding the 184ps, i am going to be completely honest with you all and say that development started on this application several weeks ago with a member of briskoda, and a customer of ours with a 2.0 184PS Leon FR..  At first we did have an issue with a judder in the lower rpm range, that both the manual Leon FR owner, and DSG equipped vRS owner experienced.

The clock has been ticking as we couldn't work out why we were having issues with the 184, and zero with the 150 so the arrival of a vRS local to us (nudge nudge, wink,wink) couldn't of happened at a better time as this has allowed us to experience this judder for ourselves. After about half an hour of testing we managed to eradicate the issue in the lower rpm, meaning we could then concentrate on writing the rest of the software.

After another couple of hours we were happy with the results using our "bum dyno" so contacted our 2 previous customers to arrange a replacement system..

A couple of days later both customers had received their kits, and the positive feedback started to flow...

I suggested to our octavia customer to select map 4 plus 1, and his reply via email was

Plugged in in 4:1 this morning.... One word. Wow!!

Sent from my iPhone

We currently have expected figures published on our website which are

230ps and 470nm of torque for the 184PS

http://www.diesel-performance.co.uk/vehicle-skoda_octavia_iii-vrs-2.0-tdi-184-ps-cr-stage-2-(crd-t

and 185PS and 395nm for the 150PS

http://www.diesel-performance.co.uk/vehicle-skoda_octavia_iii-2.0-tdi-150-ps-cr-stage-2-(crd-t)

these are based on figures produced from the earlier 2.0 170ps and we plan on heading back to the dyno asap with our own vRS once we have a few miles on the clock..

We do have a 3rd party currently testing our kit, and if time permits this weekend we may actually have some initial dyne figures available this next week.

So the ball is rolling, and from my own testing of the kit on our local customers car (cough) i can say that the 184ps is going to be a cracking engine once tuned :)

If anyone is worried about the installation, don't worry VAG couldn't of made it any easier if they tried :)

fitting instructions can be downloaded from the link below:

https://www.dropbox.com/s/uanvo35ts7tfkso/vag_2.0_tdi_150_ldk_e.pdf

And don't forget that were currently offering Briskoda members £80 off the full RRP and a a facility to finance the system  over 12/24 or 36 months.

Any members currently running a CRD-T on their Octavia 2 2.0TDI 140/170 can have their kits configured for the newer engines for a cost of £50 plus vat (for the new loom, the new software is FREE OF CHARGE), anyone who has purchased a used kit have an additional £75 plus vat charge (software)

Edited by Andrew@DTUK
  • Like 3

230ps and fitting / removal without removing the undertray?

SHUT UP AND TAKE MY MONEY. :-p

P

Sent from my HTC One using Tapatalk

Paul, when I first saw this new engine and saw where the boost sensor was located i think i ***'d myself :)

Thank you Mr VAG :)

Edited by Andrew@DTUK

With one of these tuning boxes, am I correct in thinking that if the dealer checks the ecu logs they will be able to see increased fuelling/boost etc so know something has been used to increase the performance?

With one of these tuning boxes, am I correct in thinking that if the dealer checks the ecu logs they will be able to see increased fuelling/boost etc so know something has been used to increase the performance?

We've ran a full vag com log and there's nothing left behind, the only time anything was registered was when we forced an engine management light by disconnecting the module before the ecu was powered down. This resulted in codes being recorded for common rail and boost faults. Once cleared and reset the module was re added and yet another log was taken, and yet again nothing was left once the module was removed.

Quite risky posting 'expected' figures just based on what the old 170 produced I would have thought?

No risk at all, at the end of the day I have 9 years experience behind me and touch wood using the bum dyno has served me well.

As soon as we get to the dyno that we've used for the last 6 years the figures will be adjusted.

• Like 2

As tempting as it is, I wouldn't spend £24k on a car and then invalidate the warranty by modding the engine......no problems once the 3 years is up because then you're on your own but what if the engine goes belly-up after 3 months?

That's one expensive lump of metal that used to be a car.

How safe are these remaps?

• Like 1

As tempting as it is, I wouldn't spend £24k on a car and then invalidate the warranty by modding the engine......no problems once the 3 years is up because then you're on your own but what if the engine goes belly-up after 3 months?

That's one expensive lump of metal that used to be a car.

How safe are these remaps?

Modding isn't for everyone, and I'm sure it won't take long until the remappers offer tune for these engines, but our system is a simple plug in, plug put and as soon as it's removed there are no traces left behind..

Plans are afoot to work with a well respected remapping company to co develop software on their dyno for this and a range of other VAG engines.. So it is a case of watch this space

How much would this little gem cost when available?

With the current offer to Briskoda members, you're looking at £365.95 inc vat/shipping..

Factor in that the same hardware can be re jigged to work on any new Vag , Bmw or Mercedes diesel (to name but a few) at a cost of £50 plus vat, and also has a used value too, you're probably looking at a whole of life cost of around £200

No risk at all, at the end of the day I have 9 years experience behind me and touch wood using the bum dyno has served me well.

As soon as we get to the dyno that we've used for the last 6 years the figures will be adjusted.

Experience and knowledge - works for me.

I'm in... just need to convince the wife.

Oh yeah... need a car as well. Roll on week 51.....

• Like 4

I see that you list an Octy III 2.0 TSI "Green Tec" 220PS as supported on DTUK website. Can you confirm that this is the same as the UK VRS TSI, and is the install just as simple?

Yes, that kit is suitable for the UK variant, but the petrol kit is a little more involved regarding the fitting

Hopefully you should be able to download them via this link

https://dl-web.dropbox.com/get/vw_skoda_golf7_octavia_2.0_tsi_220_230_e.pdf?w=AACIKLziJRGIoHoVMa7fPQe9SP4wl7KN1p0CxXEVfAHn-Q

Edited by Andrew@DTUK

Any thoughts on how much power / torque you can put through the DSG box without ill effects? P Sent from my HTC One using Tapatalk

we've tuned a lot of DSG equipped 2.0 140/170's and touch wood we've not had any issues.

One of our test pilots has a DSG vRS, so as soon as i have some feedback from him i will post it.

• Like 1

Any members currently running a CRD-T on their Octavia 2 2.0TDI 140/170 can have their kits configured for the newer engines for a cost of £50 plus vat (for the new loom, the new software is FREE OF CHARGE), anyone who has purchased a used kit have an additional £75 plus vat charge (software)

Maybe I should put the CRD-T 170 unit I bought from DTUK back on ebay... to sell to an Octy driver.

I took it off when I had the Yeti remapped.

• Like 1