help me to do some performance mods

I am using a skoda laura 1.8 tsi 6 speed face lifted (octavia II) right hand drive  i want to do a stage 1 remap milltek 3-inch full system exhaust,Carbonio Induction Kit, Forge DV. Should i need to change the suspension and what about breaks and should i need to do any clutch upgrade ? which clutch should i choose including flywheel all other stuff.is it a good upgrade for starting ?please help me

If you read through the Octavia 2 threads you will find all the information you need. Stage 1 does not normally need any brake of clutch mods and suspension mods are a matter of choice or dictated by the use you will put the car too.

Don't take this the wrong way but if you want a faster car then go buy a faster car to start with.

Why spend lots of money and hike up your insurance premiums (which I'm sure you'll inform your insurance company of every mod).  Go buy a VRS, when you get bored with that get a Stage 1 conversion on it.

Don't take this the wrong way but if you want a faster car then go buy a faster car to start with.

Why spend lots of money and hike up your insurance premiums (which I'm sure you'll inform your insurance company of every mod).  Go buy a VRS, when you get bored with that get a Stage 1 conversion on it.

Well I'm glad you know about the OP's financial position and also Indian Motorvehicule car insurance law.  Plenty of Briskie members have gone the same route as Arjun, one of my favourites being a pretty unique 300bhp+ Yeti, I don't think for a second the owner should have considered an Audi S3, his car is far more individual and gives him lots of enjoyment.  Plenty to be said for a good sleeper car and the ability to do things bit by bit as finance allows.

Arjun, Stage 1 will mean to most people on here I think, a map that doesn't require change of hardware, jsut software.  Chaning the intercooler, intake and adding a performance exhaust is squarely into Stage 2 to my mind.  With that being the case you will need a mapper that you trust.  From what I read the 1.8tsi has excellent tuning potential.  Personally I would always look at sorting handling first so the car can handle the power when you bring it in.  With that in mind look at suspension options, springs or coilovers, Anti Roll Bars and brakes, there is a huge amount of information on the website just on those if you search.  Equally if you go for power gains you will need to upgrade the vulnerable engine parts that you will be stressing more.

I think if you go away and hammer the search function for a while you will get most answers you need, and then when you have you will be able to come back and ask more specific questions that may get you a better response.

Because manufacturers detune their vehicles to suit the poorest fuel quality.

That's why some cars have flat spots -  a properly tuned car is a lot more satisfying to drive.

If you can't post anything more positive DON'T BOTHER!

• Like 2