S3 seats in a mk1 vrs

vrsmark

There are a few power rail studs in the panel under the steering column in the drivers footwell that you can add a terminal to. They are pretty self evident when you open it up.

Edited by demonufo

• 2 years later...

Hi, I know this is an old topic, but could someone help me out a bit with my S3 Recaros. What exactly do you need to modify for them to fit in?

I would massively appreciate if there was some manual or something to help me wire them up.

Sent from my HTC One_M8 using Tapatalk

You can get a Kufatec loom to fit them though never got round to connecting mine to it. Just connected up the electric move which was nice and they're VERY comfortable. You would need heated switches for the dash as well to make it perfect. Search through there a few threads on the change.

Thanks Skoda_Saint,

I've managed to get seats in the car. The problems I was having were due to someone modifying seats before, which I didn't realise until when trying to get them fit in.

So seats are in, now I need to wire them up somehow. 

Maybe stupid question, but... Are every S3 leather Recaros heated? I am not sure if mine are, and if so how do you find out?

Does this make it 100% plug and play?

I have no idea. From looking at the pictures it seems pretty straight forward, but all that is for Golf MKIV and other cars. It should be same or maybe some colour coding will be different.?

I looked around and there is nothing to be found anywhere else. So I guess if I want a proper loom, this is the only option unfortunately.

• 7 years later...
On 01/10/2023 at 17:31, SkodaOcty said:

Hello could anyone tell me if you need to buy an adapting bracket for s3 seats to fit in Skoda Octavia vrs mk1 can’t find any answers anywhere. 

As long as the S3 seats have still got their original subframes on, they bolt straight in.

See pic below, cream seat has it's original subframe, black one is missing it's subframe.

2.jpg.0563d3b34515ece53e06c7e56b0888c5.jpg

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, SkodaOcty said:

Right thank you now I get it. My seats are missing their subframe that’s why they wouldn’t fit. 

Sometimes people sell the subframes separately as they can go for strong money when you find them. There is a set on Ebay asking £240.

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/134713491185?hash=item1f5d8cbef1:g:W-0AAOSwocZk9Fhs&amdata=enc%3AAQAIAAAAwLhu8EF%2BmD9qgDEXKZRHd%2B%2Bdh3WszyPv7%2FMKRAQxQPOGgKun5U%2FepoUIV3UBYFcVhtGa3ObCAk1qqQmCSiNsttmWF%2BCPd%2FLQowkad93uwTQk9uQ6W9iPVR0bpt32AnSXAMkEXXaGAnGl2GxLqTheWqa5KhvKPi16NUCPoIgqFQx2tvMgGV8Z8h1da701qYpExg%2B40uWNMf%2FdngjuAMnkL9MKqW5qppWeqvj5To7Jk%2F0ud7nn2VSMOHaxYcx2Y11Fbw%3D%3D|tkp%3ABk9SR-af5L7fYg

• Like 1

30 minutes ago, niceyellow vrs said:

As long as the S3 seats have still got their original subframes on, they bolt straight in.

See pic below, cream seat has it's original subframe, black one is missing it's subframe.

2.jpg.0563d3b34515ece53e06c7e56b0888c5.jpg

Do you know what  the compatibility between the various vehicles and their seats is?

I’ve managed to sort it, the person who I bought the seats of said he forgot to put the subframes back on and he’s shipping them to me. 

Also I’m putting the seats in a Octavia vrs mk1

• Like 1

36 minutes ago, SkodaOcty said:

I’ve managed to sort it, the person who I bought the seats of said he forgot to put the subframes back on and he’s shipping them to me. 

Result! 👌

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, EnterName said:

Do you know what  the compatibility between the various vehicles and their seats is?

Pretty much everything on the MK4 Golf platform is a straight swap so Golf, Bora, Leon, A3/S3. Audi TT seats don't fit though as the mountings are very different.

1 hour ago, SkodaOcty said:

I put them in my Octavia a little while go. See page 2 on my project thread for a bit of a write up on what I did: