FL orders log

Truthseeker

You ordered your car in May, as this was long before the pre-facelift no options would have changed, or did you order in May for a facelift?

If so, then no details would have been on the system for the facelift at such an early stage.

With regards to dealerships being informed, we have daily updates on a system known as Desktop, a few members on here have even posted some information from it (NickP rings a bell). This is where all updates go, I for one get my salesman to check on this every morning as it let's us know any changes to spec, ordering times, possible delays etc. 

Dealer called this morning. My Yeti Outdoor SE 2.0 TDI 110PS is expected to be with them on Monday. I ordered it on 1st November and it will arrive pretty much exactly when the dealer predicted it would. I’ll go and look it over next week but will postpone taking delivery until after the seasonal festivities.

The extras I ordered include a heated windscreen and a spare wheel.

I shall miss my Roomster. It hasn’t put a foot wrong in nearly 6 years.

Thanks to everyone for your replies to my question regarding changing my order from manual to DSG .

As everyone said, it is to late to change so have decided to stick with my present order rather than waiting even longer.  We have been without 1 car since October and it's a bit of a pain so counting down the days until March.

Thanks again

You ordered your car in May, as this was long before the pre-facelift no options would have changed, or did you order in May for a facelift?

If so, then no details would have been on the system for the facelift at such an early stage.

With regards to dealerships being informed, we have daily updates on a system known as Desktop, a few members on here have even posted some information from it (NickP rings a bell). This is where all updates go, I for one get my salesman to check on this every morning as it let's us know any changes to spec, ordering times, possible delays etc. 

We originally ordered a DSG 1.2SE back in may on Motability with a delivery in August. It arrived bang on time and were very happy until we went to collect it and found it had a manual box. By this time the sales person who had wrongly ordered it had left Skoda so we had their replacement sales man sort out the mix up. In the end he put a new order in for an Elegance model at no extra cost as they agreed the fault was with them. Then that order had to be changed to the facelift but the new salesman didn't bother confirming this with us so the order never went through until 5 weeks later when he was fired for not doing his job properly. We are now on our 3rd Salesmen. Then when i found out about the options I was told it couldn't be done with Xmas break being around the corner. Lets hope it is worth waiting for.

Come back and say that when you've had your Yeti for three months.   :hi:  

Don't get me wrong, I'm looking forward to the Yeti far more than any other cars we've had in the past especially as everyone rates them highly but with the stress caused by poor customer relations from this one dealership I don't think we could ever give Skoda our custom again. personally I don't think any car is worth waiting 8-9 months for. 

Mandaroo - that is an interesting story and one that has obviously got your back up. There has clearly been a lack of communication, old salesman leaves, new one comes in, gets sacked, another new salesman, may be all were new to the role as well? Sounds like a right fun fair  :wall:

On the bright side, as the dealership ordered an Elegance, you've got a nicer specced car at no extra cost. OK that probably doesn't make up for the whole episode but fingers crossed it goes some way to making your new Yeti more enjoyable, and that it will be  :thumbup: 

Good luck with the new car.

• Like 1

Mandaroo - that is an interesting story and one that has obviously got your back up. There has clearly been a lack of communication, old salesman leaves, new one comes in, gets sacked, another new salesman, may be all were new to the role as well? Sounds like a right fun fair  :wall:

On the bright side, as the dealership ordered an Elegance, you've got a nicer specced car at no extra cost. OK that probably doesn't make up for the whole episode but fingers crossed it goes some way to making your new Yeti more enjoyable, and that it will be  :thumbup: 

Good luck with the new car.

Thanks. I'm sure if we had gone to a different dealership the experience might have been completely different. Like a said earlier. I really am looking forward to Yeti ownership just started off on the wrong foot. 

Just called Skoda UK (dealer not responding to my emails for information...): the helpful person took my details then called back a) to tell me what the order number is and B) to say that I have an unconfirmed build date of Week 4 i.e. week starting 20 January. Sounds hopeful assuming the build week doesn't get bumped :)

Called the dealer yesterday and spoke to boss (not the salesman, who doesn't return emails) and he said it is still "scheduled" for Week 4 and that none of my options are in short supply. He said 1 week to build it then c. 3 weeks to ship it, etc.

Fingers crossed for late Feb/early March

Just heard from Skoda UK and my Yeti is now confirmed as Week 2 build.

So of course having waited this long (18 weeks from order to build) and with another possible 3 weeks after build before it is available, should I wait the extra few weeks for a 14 reg?

Anyone have an idea of the likely difference in value between a Feb "63" and a Mar "14" in say 2 years time?

Or do I just enjoy my Yeti as soon as possible?

Maybe you could squeeze a bit of extra discount from dealer to register in Feb, as they may want to maximise their Feb registration quota before 1st March new plates  - no harm in asking.

Any potential discount could then offset the difference in trade value in 2 years time.

At least the wait will be over. Also, I don't like leaving a new car at a dealers for any longer than necessary for all and sundry to paw over.

Anyway, glad your build is now confirmed.

The dealer confirmed my build week as 201402 about a fortnight ago and their tracker site confirmed this up till today when it now shows-

Status: In Transit from factory to Germany Port Build Week: 201402

Has someone screwed up with updating the details or has the factory put a spurt on to get as many done before their two week Christmas break as possible?

Shark Blue is off! Just been phoned by dealer to say that Skoda cannot get it right so we have to choose another colour. Already have a white one but not keen on other shades. Brilliant Silver perhaps?

We've just had the same phone call whilst driving back from Southampton.

(Been abroad for 5 days.)

We happened to be driving past the Dealer on our way home,so popped in to choose yet another colour.

They had an Elegance FL in the showroom ,in Brilliant silver,which looked OK ,so chose that.

The FL is much better looking in the flesh by the way.

They said that Rosso brunello was also no longer available.

We saw a sample of the new Darker silver and  it looked almost like a metallic charcoal to us...

What is the point in Skoda offering all these different colours (which compared to other companies seems pretty few) and then remove them just as production starts? This will just start annoying customers.

What is the point in Skoda offering all these different colours (which compared to other companies seems pretty few) and then remove them just as production starts? This will just start annoying customers.

Yes it did. :|

Just got an update from the dealer about my  build date, original build week was 5 now its 7 :( . Ordered early November so probably looking  at march delivery.  I hear people talking about accessing a website to see updates about their build...how do I do this?

Just got an update from the dealer about my  build date, original build week was 5 now its 7 :( . Ordered early November so probably looking  at march delivery.  I hear people talking about accessing a website to see updates about their build...how do I do this?

I think you'll find it is run by Rainworth Skoda (Nottinghamshire) & Bickerton Skoda (South Yorkshire) part of the Vision Automotive (UK) Group. And is just for their customers.

Fred

Just rang my local dealer and they have a F/L Yeti in the showroom.  Would it be a bit cheeky to have a look even though I haven't ordered from them?  To be fair though, A) they couldn't match the price I am paying and B) The salesman took my details and promised to contact me the next day regarding nearly new yeti's............that was 3 months ago and still waiting for that phone call

Edited by Sinky72

Just rang my local dealer and they have a F/L Yeti in the showroom.  Would it be a bit cheeky to have a look even though I haven't ordered from them?  To be fair though, A) they couldn't match the price I am paying and B) The salesman took my details and promised to contact me the next day regarding nearly new yeti's............that was 3 months ago and still waiting for that phone call

Go for it!

But both Shark Blue and Rosso Brunello were colours for pre-F/L models so why suddenly are they not possible?

At least I haven't had that to deal with.

140 DSG 4x4 Elegance outdoor in Metal grey, with various options, ordered 4th December.

Production/build week 3-2014.

Wow. That's going to be a mid Feb delivery. Your dealer must have plenty of allocation.

I guess the FL had a later sale start in Norway than in UK

Really looking forward to a brand new car, only had + 10 year old ones so far.

My current "Frenchie 206" is rolling on her last kilometers now, worn out!