Honeycomb front grill octavia II

Hey guys

Bought a new de badged honeycomb grille for my vrs and just had it sprayed. About to get it back and it's just dawned on me, how do I open the bonnet when it's on..!? The release comes through the old grill but won't now...!

Any ideas...??

:-(

Yea was thinking about cutting a hole but I'm a bit worried that it mite look a little odd!!

And will cutting the lever help? I still need to be able to pull it don't I?

Please excuse my ignorance..!! ;-)

Nope, no instructions. Got it from eBay, it's an FK automotive.!

Oh ok, maybe I'll have a look when I get it back. Just not quite sure how it'll work!

Has anyone done or does anyone know how easy/difficult it is to change the inner on the bumper to the honeycomb to match the grill?

I would quite fancy one of these - I don't much like the standard grille - looks a bit American.

But with the honeycomb replacements I've seen so far, the mesh looks a bit too "open".  Perhaps would be better with a slightly finer pitch of mesh?

Got any pictures please?

Cut the lever down. Cutting a slot through your new grill... No no no no!

Yea I really don't want to cut the grill but not sure how I'm going to open the bonnet if I cut the release down..!!

I'll try and get some pics up when it's on, I've just had eyebrows sprayed aswel..!

I took the option of cutting a slot in the grill. It never occurred to me to cut the handle down :doh:

ae5ad922-32f6-41da-bd42-e75dedd20f2a_zps

This is the picture I saw that made me realise I needed to do something with the bonnet release or the grill..!! I haven't done anything yet but will probably be having a look this weekend!

I see you have the honeycomb in you're bumper as well. Did you buy a replacement or DIY?

This is the picture I saw that made me realise I needed to do something with the bonnet release or the grill..!! I haven't done anything yet but will probably be having a look this weekend!

I see you have the honeycomb in you're bumper as well. Did you buy a replacement or DIY?

Scout comes with Honeycomb in the bumper as standard.

Probably too late but I just heated the lever and bent it out, just pop ur finger through the honeycomb no cutting needed

Yeh I tell a lie (previous post) this is what I did to mine. Think it was a prior post you made on another thread on this subject that made me copy your route. As I said though no need for putting fingers through grill,just lift the bonnet,get hand underneath and you can get at the lever.