Post your Mk3 Octavia photos!

Gemini's are being replaced with 3SDM 0.05's 8.5Jx18 ET42. This will push the outer rim edge 21.71 further out towards the exterior and 3.71mm closer to the suspension, but creates no issues. Suspension will be dropping 25mm all round also.

Contemplating Dunlop SP Sport Maxx 235/40 R18's in place of the Bridgestone Potenza S001's, which will increase overall wheel diameter by 24.13mm (1.26%). This will also affect speedometer reading so 70MPH will actually be 70.88MPH, and don't know if this can be adjusted through VCDS - pending further investigation!

Ooooooh now this I have to see.  Sounds very nice! (although the front might be tight for space)

BTW my speedo reads about 3% high so worry-ye not about the slightly incrased rolling circumference :)

• Like 1

As a final note, car is wearing Bridgestone Potenza S001 boots… first I heard of these being used on the car.

Congrats on see your car, you will probably find the time till the 18th will fly.

My vRS came with Bridgestone tyres as well.

• Like 1

Hi,

Nookiebear could you share what do you plan to do with your wheels ?

My car is wearing the 19" Xtreme alloys, and for me they still sit to deep.

Cheers

If you're keeping the Xtreme's, I would suggest a set of these http://www.h-r.com/en/trak-wheel-spacers.html (hub-centric of course).

Assuming that the Xtreme's are 7.5Jx19 and are the same offset as the Gemini's (ET51), I would suggest perhaps 8-10mm on the front and 18mm on the back.

Any good H&R supplier should be able to offer professional guidance on the best type to use.

On my MY2012 MKII Octavia Combi (which is not a vRS, but is fitted with the Skoda sports suspension option which is 15mm lower than standard) I changed the wheels and increased the overall outer rim to outer rim width by 26.71mm (13.355mm further outward on each wheel) and it made a huge difference to the cars appearance, so I think you'll be surprised at just how much better the car will look with something like 18mm spacers on the rear.

Doesn't sound like a lot, but sometimes 'less' is actually 'more'!!!

At the time I ordered (December last year) the Xtreme 19" wasn't an option for the UK market, otherwise it would have been my first choice of wheel, to which I would have fitted spacers.

Congrats on see your car, you will probably find the time till the 18th will fly.

My vRS came with Bridgestone tyres as well.

Have you noticed any excessive noise from the Bridgestones?

If you're keeping the Xtreme's, I would suggest a set of these http://www.h-r.com/en/trak-wheel-spacers.html (hub-centric of course).

Assuming that the Xtreme's are 7.5Jx19 and are the same offset as the Gemini's (ET51), I would suggest perhaps 8-10mm on the front and 18mm on the back.

Any good H&R supplier should be able to offer professional guidance on the best type to use.

On my MY2012 MKII Octavia Combi (which is not a vRS, but is fitted with the Skoda sports suspension option which is 15mm lower than standard) I changed the wheels and increased the overall outer rim to outer rim width by 26.71mm (13.355mm further outward on each wheel) and it made a huge difference to the cars appearance, so I think you'll be surprised at just how much better the car will look with something like 18mm spacers on the rear.

Doesn't sound like a lot, but sometimes 'less' is actually 'more'!!!

At the time I ordered (December last year) the Xtreme 19" wasn't an option for the UK market, otherwise it would have been my first choice of wheel, to which I would have fitted spacers.

Thanks for the tips ! I'll try to find a place near Berlin. I think that would make a huge difference as you wrote in the car appearance. Every time i look at those 19" all is spoiled by the fact they are installed so deep !

Have you noticed any excessive noise from the Bridgestones?

The car is noisy at low speed as it has the booming sound from the rear, so if there is any tyre noise you don't really hear it, when going faster and the booming has gone I don't hear much in the way of tyre noise.

My old car ran on Continental Conti Sport 2's and they were noisy, overall the vRS is a lot quieter.

My two favourite things , easily pleased.

RddN68y.jpg

NOgLHq7.jpg

mNWDbSr.jpg

eQNhby4.jpg

Nice. I take it this is pre filling the boot as the suspension is pretty high and I suspect even the sports suspension isn't that solid riding. How many kegs can an O3 Estate carry?

• Like 1

Great pics - my tastes and yours are very similar! Have started dreaming about a tour of the Western Highlands when my VRS (eventually) arrives. I'm wondering if some 120 proof in the tank would help its performance...

• Like 1

She scrubs up real well!… very nice (and good choice of colour… although I am of course biased on that one).

Depth of gloss in pics 2 , 8 and 9 is superb… and I presume that's Candy White.

Out of interest, did the dealer you purchased from put on any form of paint protection (AutoGlym, Gardx, Diamondbrite etc.) prior to you picking up the car?

She scrubs up real well!… very nice (and good choice of colour… although I am of course biased on that one).

Depth of gloss in pics 2 , 8 and 9 is superb… and I presume that's Candy White.

Out of interest, did the dealer you purchased from put on any form of paint protection (AutoGlym, Gardx, Diamondbrite etc.) prior to you picking up the car?

Yeah it is Candy White, I was a little worried as I did not see a white one close up in person prior to ordering (it was from a very small dealer so limited cars on site) but I am very happy with the results. I have not seen the Laser or Moon White (I don't think they were options when I ordered in December) but I did park it next to a white Golf the other day which was a lot more "white" so I think it was the Metallic White and I did not like it as it seemed to have a blue tint in comparison.

I did not pay for any treatments prior to delivery but they did say they had waxed it as part of the prep but had no idea what they used.  I used Meguiar's stuff with a 2 part polish/wax which I found worked well in the past on the metallic British racing green of my former Mini but I may look for something a bit longer lasting for the VRS as it is more for protection this time around and there is no way I will have time to wax it every 4-5 weeks.

I picked it up on 21st July but it went straight work (busy week) so this was the first time I have had to get it properly clean and take photos.  I have to resign myself to the fact that this is a family car (got a 9 month old baby) and it is going to be hard to keep it pristine like I have with other cars, but it is nice to have it looking good at least once.

• Like 1

Just had a chance to wash and wax her for the first time after collecting last saturday.

She is a MY15 VRS TDI.

Looks more expensive with those alloys.. me like! :p

Looks gorgeous, getting itchy feet now, just heard today mine arrives on Thursday. Candy White hatch with black pack - can't wait. Will try and post some pics wjen she arrives.

Just delivered - 1.4 TSI SE - metal grey with chrome trim.

(Also Canton, Mitsumi, reversible boot floor, boot nets, spare tyre and front arm-rest)

Really pleased with the metal grey and chrome trim - I may be biased, but to my eyes it's the nicest combination I've seen on an Octavia......

post-93508-0-11540900-1404307043_thumb.jpg

Edited by Calvus
  • Like 1

Here is my Octavia 3 S 1.6tdi in cappuccino beige. Custom decals being the only option :rock:

Joking aside, the 1.6tdi is, as expected, tonnes more economical but also tonnes less fun to drive than my VRS

post-107088-14043875926652_thumb.jpg

Edited by Dalelfc89

Welcome to the Metal Grey club... We must be giving the White & Race Blue a run for their money in terms of posted pictures now.. ;)

Looks nice with the black pack.

Hello all!

Finally got my Race Blue VRS TDI today, extremely happy! :D

Black pack, full winter pack and Canton sound system. Looks like I just missed out on the MY15 though :( no free cruise control or flat bottom steering wheel. Never mind!

post-113747-0-30688000-1404509300_thumb.jpg

post-113747-0-46536000-1404509308_thumb.jpg

Edited by jimmehg
  • Like 2