Post your Mk3 Octavia photos!

On 10/01/2019 at 23:29, shyVRS245 said:

This comparison is for ahenner's who should find it amusing. Same car 2 different drivers 2 different journeys. Guess which was done by the wife? 24 hours apart.

image.jpg

image.jpg

The stats suggest 2 very different journeys. As @nidza pointed out it doesn't look like driver would come into it too much.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, ahenners said:

The stats suggest 2 very different journeys. As @nidza pointed out it doesn't look like driver would come into it too much.

This was posted to illustrate how my wife's journey can be horrendous but it obviously affects my long term figures reducing my overall average speed as well as lowering my overall mpg average. In the same way when I borrow her car I tend to increase her average speed but improve her long term mpg. One week ago used her Karoq and long term was 46.9mpg, jumped in it today and that had fallen to 46.0mpg due to her commute being much worse than mine.:notme:

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, shyVRS245 said:

This was posted to illustrate how my wife's journey can be horrendous but it obviously affects my long term figures reducing my overall average speed as well as lowering my overall mpg average. In the same way when I borrow her car I tend to increase her average speed but improve her long term mpg. One week ago used her Karoq and long term was 46.9mpg, jumped in it today and that had fallen to 46.0mpg due to her commute being much worse than mine.:notme:

That makes more sense :thumbup:

• Like 1

Just now, VRsuper said:

Just got this as a daily, 2016 with 12k on the clock, derv style, had a mk2 before hand for 2 years, class car, loving it so far 

4C203026-A80D-4AD6-9C93-CDF834628C06.jpeg

Other car is a scoob, tucked up in the garage 

BE43D456-BBD5-4665-B988-72E46698D2E5.jpeg

• Like 4

2 hours ago, VRsuper said:

Just got this as a daily, 2016 with 12k on the clock, derv style, had a mk2 before hand for 2 years, class car, loving it so far 

4C203026-A80D-4AD6-9C93-CDF834628C06.jpeg

welcome, another ulsterman, 12K is low and looks like you have a few extras on it.

Edited by JohnnyType2

A821 yesterday, (Aberfoyle to Callander via Duke's Pass), and not a Gritter in sight... N i i i i i i i i i i i i c e ! :biggrin:

Scout 1.jpg

Scout 1b.jpg

• Like 3

538900259_Scout1c.thumb.jpg.d3f196d7df3664b4684187941859064e.jpg

Goodyear Vector 4Seasons Gen-2 worked well up/down the steeper sections - really sure footed even when 'given the beans' going uphill. (M+S & Mountain/Snowflake).

Octy MkII mudflaps make a big difference in reducing snow build-up on the rear underside. (Flaps need repositioned holes for fitting).

(White Skoda badge, rear bumper protective panel and 4x4  badge c/o Superskoda).

• Like 2

On 16/01/2019 at 14:39, Lexington said:

Hey guys, new to Skoda's but loving my vrs so far. 

All the photos in here of modified cars makes me.want to change some things I have to admit.

IMG_20190108_133918.jpg

Nice. Looks like you have the same motor as me apart from yours is a couple of years younger. I’ve made some small modifications eg black wing mirror caps, black rear bumper protector, black front grill surround. If this is of any interest to you I’d be happy to share my info I’ve learnt 

Cheers