Post your Mk3 Octavia photos!

saurabhdutt  is this Bolero ? If yes, how do you run navigation on it?

That looks like the Amundsen to me.

But you can run nav on Bolero, just not very cheaply !

http://www.axionag.de/products/axion/nik-vwz01-vw-golf-7-navigations-nachruestsatz_en

I have a similar system which I had the dealer fit before pick-up, using windows CE and Desnav software.

That looks like the Amundsen to me.

But you can run nav on Bolero, just not very cheaply !

http://www.axionag.de/products/axion/nik-vwz01-vw-golf-7-navigations-nachruestsatz_en

I have a similar system which I had the dealer fit before pick-up, using windows CE and Desnav software.

Do you have this system connected with Bolero? I heard that Bolero offers very poor resolution. Can you provide any pics of navigation system screen put on Bolero?

I heard that Bolero offers very poor resolution.

The Bolero and the Amundsen have the same size screen running at the same resolution (400x240).  The bigger screen on the Columbus runs at 800x480, which looks better because it's a higher dpi.

Can you clarify how the diffuser was fitted? Bonded or mechanically fixed. Also any other pictures of it, ideally from behind the car please. Lastly are you UK based? Just wondering how the ordering process went.

I hope you are not getting any ideas Moley! Are Eibach's not enough for you!

Do you have this system connected with Bolero? I heard that Bolero offers very poor resolution. Can you provide any pics of navigation system screen put on Bolero?

As Wiggosideburns says, res is 400x240, so not as good res as the Columbus, but looks similar to the Amundsen  :)

Although using different nav software, this should give you an idea how it looks on the Bolero screen: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5vWpe4utHKw

Can you clarify how the diffuser was fitted? Bonded or mechanically fixed. Also any other pictures of it, ideally from behind the car please. Lastly are you UK based? Just wondering how the ordering process went.

Its mechanically fixed for 7 screw,very easy to fix maybe 30min..i live in finland and order its here in local shop!

post-101653-0-37949700-1409204944_thumb.jpgpost-101653-0-80011300-1409204967_thumb.jpgpost-101653-0-60291300-1409204980_thumb.jpg

• Like 2

Not really, the Bolero/Amundsen res is more than adequate on its 5.8" screen. The columbus is admittedly very nice and offers some additional functionality but its definitely not £800 better than the Amundsen.

• Like 1

In your opinion... other people (including me) evidently think otherwise, or we wouldn't have ordered it. B)

I'll re-phrase.....it shouldnt be £800 more expensive than the Amundsen. TBF the Amundsen isnt really worth the £550 on top of the standard Bolero given its essentially the same unit with an SD driven nav module but having had OEM nav in my previous car can see the appeal.

Standard on the Elegance I have and didnt see much of a need to spend £800 upgrading.

Edited by pipsyp

How do you find the ride comfort with the 19's?...Much difference to the 18's?

I find the ride not to bad to be honest, i had a mondeo ST that was lowered on 18`s and that was worse than this.

here is mine the day I picked it up. Really enjoying it, great car.

20140815_124305.jpg

20140815_124323.jpg

20140815_124345.jpg

Love it. Can't wait for mine to turn up. Just looking at picture two. The wheels seem to sat so far inside the arch, is that a trick of the camera or are they genuinely that far inside the arch?

Mine will be lowered with Eibachs and I'm loathed to use spacers but I might have to.

• Like 1

Love it. Can't wait for mine to turn up. Just looking at picture two. The wheels seem to sat so far inside the arch, is that a trick of the camera or are they genuinely that far inside the arch?

Mine will be lowered with Eibachs and I'm loathed to use spacers but I might have to.

yes they are quite sat in the arches.

yes they are quite sat in the arches.

Hmmmm, shame. Looks like I may have to go down the spacer route after all. No surprise the vRS on the Skoda tv advert sits perfectly level with the arches though. No doubt that car is on Eibachs and spacers!