two cooling fans runs after remove the key

Hi All,

I have a superb II 2.0 CR TDI DPF y2010.

At the last two months two times happened the following case.

After I stopped the engine and remove the key, two cooling fans runs. I don't know why, because the temperature of environment was about 1 or 2 Celsius, and the radiator was not hot,  it was only warm, but not hot, I touched it.

At first time I bring the car to the service and connected it to the service computer, error was not found.

At second time I started again the engine after about 20 seconds I stopped it, and remove the key, the cooling fans was not runs.

Both cases the water temperature exactly stay on 90 Celsius.

I don't know what kind of logic need to work the cooling, maybe it is trivial, if hot need to cooling. But it wan not hot.

Do somebody have any idea why does my Superb this?

Hi guys, thank you!

How can I prevent the cause of DPF regeneration?

How can I notice when regenerating the DPF?

I don't understand why does not put a light/LED to the MFD, what signaling the "DPF regeneration is active".

Edited by ujtordai

Why would you want to interrupt a regen? It is technology at work to protect your car.  Because your engine was not hot as you pointed out, the DPF was unable to dispose of pollutants and ash etc and that is why it started to operate (on your behalf)!!.   My car does it occasionally in the winter here (mild - no snow or frost ha ha!!) and usually takes five or six minutes.

You cannot stop it as its part of the emmission control

http://www.natef.org/NATEF/media/NATEFMedia/VW%20Files/2-0-TDI-SSP.pdf

Have a read of the above-the dpf info starts around page 60. You can tell when its doing an active regen because your tickover will increase to around 1000 rpm even though the engine is warm. The fans come on because the dpf is running extra hot during a regen to burn off the soot and you've interupted the cycle so the ecu has to cool the dpf down which is why the fans come on.