HiD Kits

Ah right. Maybe just take the highs out then? Due to the nature of HIDs i can only flash once ever few minutes haha.

I curse chavs with em in reflectors. Drives me insane when theyre following me. I even let one overtake the other day, so i could sit behind him with my highs on. See how he likes it!

Haha like it. Get flashed quite a lot in the Beemer as the Bi-Xenons are quite bright. I usually treat them to a full xenon high beam blast back - just so they know I was originally on dipped of course ;-)

The HiDs were installed today with the aftermarket clips as they arrived by 1st class royal mail on a saturday :o was a surprise to me haha! The kit has made 100% difference when driving down the A roads and down country roads. Much classier look for the car aswell :)

Thanks Ryan

• Like 2

Pretty easy, i did them without removing the headlights so... just a bit fiddly. I managed to mount the ballasts with holes that were already there so i didnt have to do any drilling either. I have the 5000k and they do have a slight blue tinge but i think it looks classy. I dont think you will ever get a phre white light tbf. A vast improvement to the lighting though.

Thanks Ryan

All im doing is leaving the bulbs in my car and then if it does fail ill switch them over. Ive left the oem clips on and order the hid clips for the passat, so its just a matter of taking out the connectors from the HiD and replacing them with the halogen bulb, 5-10 mins tops.

Ryan

Well i didnt have to look at the instructions tbf.. its pretty self explanatory and yeah just plug and play? No errors or warning lights. The only thing i referred to was http://www.briskoda.net/forums/topic/153508-fabia-ii-hid-headlight-fitting-guide/ just to know which of the wiring from the car was the positive and negative of the wires as HiDs are polarity sensitive.

Ryan

• Like 1

• 4 weeks later...

Well today the HiD kit was sent back to HiDs-Direct as both ballasts failed within the first 2 weeks of having them, only just got a reply from them today as they were shut down over christmas. Initially when the first ballast went i needed a replacement which took over a week to get to me which i was not happy about. Im now waiting for a replacement from a different company (HiDs4U) a little more expensive but from the reviews i have read the quality is meant to be better and a better company so we shall see.

Ryan

No need to take them out for the MOT should pass fine.

People often confuse an MoT with being road legal. They are not the same thing. I don't have an issue with the legality so much as the naff chavvy kits (sometimes placed in a reflector lens) which are a danger/nuisance to other oncoming road users due to the glare.

So how do you explain the Civic FN2 with factory fitted xenon in reflector lenses? It's all about getting the right bulb. If you buy H7R, as what is fitted in the Civic, these are specifically designed for projector lenses with a shield built into the bulb to stop glaring..

It's more about educating people to buy the correct retrofit equipment for their car than changing the headlamps entirely!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

So how do you explain the Civic FN2 with factory fitted xenon in reflector lenses? It's all about getting the right bulb. If you buy H7R, as what is fitted in the Civic, these are specifically designed for projector lenses with a shield built into the bulb to stop glaring..

It's more about educating people to buy the correct retrofit equipment for their car than changing the headlamps entirely!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

That's my point exactly. If it's factory fitted then it'll be fine as it was designed that way. I'm fairly confident that not everybody who does a hid retrofit uses h7r bulbs as you say!

I've not heard of the fn2 coming with factory Xenons in reflector lenses but I do know minis have had this setup on early models so it is possible.

I still remain to be convinced even h7r are any good tho but of course that's just my personal opinion ;-)

They arent very good mate. Your right.

Id never go near another hid kit in a reflector lense again (unless in high beam of course). They just arent good, and the 'r' version doesnt make it much better imho.

If youve got projectors, then yeah upgrade as its well worth it, but cheap reflector lenses are a waste of time with anything other than a halogen bulb

• 10 months later...

apologies to start up and old thread again.. but has anyone found decent replacement bulbs for there MK2? i just need something to properly light the road up.. appreciate any input..

Either fit HID's, osram night breaker unlimited, or philips extreme vision.