Anyone using Toyo T1R's on their VRS?

Just about ready for some more tyres on the vrs, and not really wanting to use conti's again, having used Toyo T1R's on my previous Fiesta ST they were a cracking with the set up that it had (don't last the longest but i'm not bothered about that)

If anyone is using these how are they on the VRS? 

Cheers 

Matt

I tried the T1Rs on my octavia about 6 years ago.  I thought they were the most over rated tyre ive ever tried and i actually took them off after only 4k and replaced them with Vredestein ultrac Sessantas which were eons ahead in every scenario!

They are also a very very old design now and have been well and truly surpassed by all the latest tyres for performance and durability.

• Like 1

I tried the T1Rs on my octavia about 6 years ago.  I thought they were the most over rated tyre ive ever tried and i actually took them off after only 4k and replaced them with Vredestein ultrac Sessantas which were eons ahead in every scenario!

They are also a very very old design now and have been well and truly surpassed by all the latest tyres for performance and durability.

ill pass on that one then, its a few years ago since having them so id imagine there's better about, ill have a scout about and see what else i can find. 

I tried the T1Rs on my octavia about 6 years ago...

I've also had both tyres (the T1R and Sessanta) on my Octavia, and came to completely the opposite view  :rofl:

Have a nice new set of T1R's waiting for next summer

This will be the last set though, as the T1R is no longer being made  :(

• 2 weeks later...

I used to have Pirelli Pzero Nero's on my old FR, they were brilliant it has to be said. Currently looking at replacement fronts for the Polo, and I'm thinking I'm gonna try out Dunlop Sport Maxx's and see how I get on.

Don't go for the Dunlops, Skoda have kindly just swapped mine for the Pirelli PZero Neros due to the pulling issues.

They're tons better than the Dunlops and I've found they give a better ride but then I've only got 105bhp so not going to trouble any tyre too much.

• Like 1

I like the Toyo's don't get me wrong, they were brilliant on my MX5, but that might have been something to do with the tyre profile/chassis setup/weight of the car. As was pointed out earlier, they are just a very old design now, and while they are still good, for the money there must be better out there. Looks like Pirelli it will be again then. On the subject, does anyone know the offset of the stock Monza's? I'm guessing they will be same spec as the VRs/Cupra alloys seeing as they were set up for the same chassis. I want to keep the same radius and width but drop the offset when I order some new alloys, just need a starting point....

just dont buy the dunlops! lol....

Couldn't agree more, had a set on my summer pro race wheels

Must be one of the worst sets of tyres ive ever had on a car

Goodyear eagle F1's all the way

• Like 1

I tried the T1Rs on my octavia about 6 years ago. I thought they were the most over rated tyre ive ever tried and i actually took them off after only 4k and replaced them with Vredestein ultrac Sessantas which were eons ahead in every scenario!

110% agree with this from my own experience on both fronts :)

There's just so much choice and so many personal opinions on this, for me atm Toyos are looking the most appealing, due to having a decent experience with the same size tyre on my ST. also i can get Toyo's for £50 a tyre so price wise there just above budget price wise?? 

Edited by vRS-Mati

you never mentioned that £50.00 a tyre was above budget.

Most of the options people have mentioned above are around £80-100 a corner, which for me is where you need to be unless you go for the well rated Maxxis.

Most places I have seen the Toyos they are £75+, are these new ones that you can get for that price?