Mudflaps for vrs estate

Folks been told by dealer rear mudflaps will not fit the vrs estate, I've ordered the front but didn't want to order rear without clarification one way or other. Anyone got genuine mudflaps fitted to rear of vrs estate?

Ta

Folks been told by dealer rear mudflaps will not fit the vrs estate, I've ordered the front but didn't want to order rear without clarification one way or other. Anyone got genuine mudflaps fitted to rear of vrs estate?

Ta

Hi Parsey83,

Just had mine fitted today by Dealer - went straight on without any problems. £110 fitted, parts were £74 I think, fitted the last fronts to my old MKII VRS but for the £36 simply didn't have the time/inclination to fit to my MKIII.

They are pretty inconspicuous:post-106713-0-31787700-1386453828_thumb.jpgpost-106713-0-57247700-1386453852_thumb.jpg

• Like 1

I see your running avons, winter tyre or just been through a set already lol

quote name="Fatfudgecat" post="3539050" timestamp="1386453903"]Hi Parsey83,

Just had mine fitted today by Dealer - went straight on without any problems. £110 fitted, parts were £74 I think, fitted the last fronts to my old MKII VRS but for the £36 simply didn't have the time/inclination to fit to my MKIII.

They are pretty inconspicuous:attachicon.gifimage.jpgattachicon.gifimage.jpg

I see your running avons, winter tyre or just been through a set already lol

quote name="Fatfudgecat" post="3539050" timestamp="1386453903"]Hi Parsey83,

They are pretty inconspicuous:attachicon.gifimage.jpgattachicon.gifimage.jpg

No, they are winters, fitted as soon as I took delivery. Pretty good in the snow/ice too!

My dealer stated that the Skoda literature said they wouldn't fit but when they tried the went straight on with no adjustment at all, I think it's just a mistake on the parts catalogue.

Photo of fitment please.

No, they are winters, fitted as soon as I took delivery. Pretty good in the snow/ice too!

The flaps look fine. Are you expecting a heavy winter up there.

Just the norm I guess this time of the year.

We southern softies don't get the same sort of fun as you.

Is this not expensive....especially when it appears these flaps can be bought for less than 15euro in Ireland??

http://www.skodapartsireland.ie/product/Octavia_Front_Mudflaps_2013_5E0075111

Hi APoll; yes, at £110 fitted they are quite pricey. I've just spent £26K on the car and really didn't want to risk spoiling it by buying the wrong parts or struggling to fit incorrect parts properly. I know where you're coming from though!

I have ordered a set from Hortons - we will see if they fit!

FatFudgeKat, do they ever scrape on the ground - like when go over speed bumps?

Hi NotSoSimple!

Absolutely no issues at all; pleased they are on as they are keeping (most of the) mud off the car!

The flaps look fine. Are you expecting a heavy winter up there.

Just the norm I guess this time of the year.

We southern softies don't get the same sort of fun as you.

You can't really see them, to be honest, which is what I wanted.

Mainly put on to keep the mud off the sill/bumpers. I had a problem with my '08 VRS where the continual barrage of mud/stones damaged the car and I had to have the sills/bumpers treated and repainted.

But yes, in the snow, the winter tyres and mud flaps should keep me sane, and on the road!

• 2 weeks later...

DIY flaps fitted today. Fitted without removing wheels...existing screws fit though instructions state drilling 7mm hole for 3rd fixing to fronts only. I used self tapper instead.

post-108479-0-74857800-1387899728_thumb.jpg

post-108479-0-25727500-1387899817_thumb.jpg

DIY flaps fitted today. Fitted without removing wheels...existing screws fit though instructions state drilling 7mm hole for 3rd fixing to fronts only. I used self tapper instead.

Stupid question time! Whats self tapper?

Have I not read loads of posts on here that say no drilling is required? If it involves a drill I'm leaving it to the dealers.... with my luck I'd have the only VRS with the fuel line directly behind the plastic cover that fits inside the wheel arches.  :think:

Self tapper into metal work or plastic only?

Ladyvienna its a screw that creates it's own tap/thread when screwing into a material

Plastic only....the only reason I used self tappers was that I had no 7mm bit.