Citigo Sport - 1 week on

Neo_VR

Well ive had the CitiGo a week now and covered over 400 miles so ill do a bit of a report on it:

First tank got me 373 miles, at a brim-brim calculated MPG of 48 (with the MFD showing 53) - The economy is still improving with mileage - managed 68mpg on a run today, the same journey in the beginning of the week was about 53mpg

Like:

Economy!

Looks - the Serpens are growing on me!

Refinement - for such a small car, the ride quality and the interior comfort really are impressive - far better than the Mk1 Octy vRS it replaces

Blutooth/sound system - Its great being able to stream music straight from the phone, and the sound quality is good for a small "budget" car.

Dont like

Parcel shelf - left it up 3 times so far.

Engine noise - it sounds like a rattly sewing machine when accellerating, and theres a horrible almost "squeal" and vibration as you dip the clutch to change gear over 4000 rpm. Granted its not really an issue when going for economy - but i would say it would actually detract from me wanting to drive the car enthusiastically!

Usual fuel gauge inaccuracy.

Lack of heated mirrors/cruise control (really nit-picking lol)

All in all, its a good car - might book it in to look at the engine noise thing as it seems quite common on the UP, although there doesnt seem to be a definitive explanation for it yet.. i may just have to live with it.

I LOVE the engine noise of our citigo, I rev it to the line just to hear it! lol... sounds like a little porsche :)

SWMBO has a 3-pot Pug 208 and that sounds a million times better than the citigo!.. more ur-quattro 5-pot than porsche tho :D

The rattling noise when accelerating, is that the transmission noise that Citigo/up owners raise concerns over? Love the the 3 cylinder thrum though :)

I think it might be... although im more concerned about the squeel noise on changing gear.. i shall try and get a vid/sound clip to demonstrate!

I used to leave the parcel shelf up a lot too.

Fortunately, being tall I could reach to push it down from the driver's seat. :giggle:

It shouldn't make any odd noises when changing gear IMO.

If you set off with wheels spinning the shear velocity of G-Force actually puts the parcel shelf down    :rock:

Also, if you wear a baseball cap and have your stereo on full whilst wheelspinning, you look really cool too 

I used to leave the parcel shelf up a lot too.

Fortunately, being tall I could reach to push it down from the driver's seat. :giggle:

It shouldn't make any odd noises when changing gear IMO.

Jeez you must be tall Richard - I'm 6' 4" and I could never reach, well, unless I dislocated my shoulder.

Dont like

Parcel shelf - left it up 3 times so far.

hehe - get used to that one. If you're a dope in the mornings like me, it's a daily occurrence. At least there's a little concave dip in the middle to see through - like a submarine commander!

I think it might be... although im more concerned about the squeel noise on changing gear.. i shall try and get a vid/sound clip to demonstrate!

Thats the exact sound mine makes, took it to the dealership at 1000 miles they said there was no fault. Car has done nearly 2000 miles now and the noise has got quieter if anything!

If you're still concerned I recomend going to the dealer and demonstrating the noise then they'll have a record of your complaint, so in theory if any problems happen later on or the noise gets worse you can say "well I did report this previously" etc.