Which dealers *will* fit rear mudflaps to the vRS?

As above really - We all know the debacle with the "Skoda says they wont fit when they do" scenario, but my dealership's "Master technician" refuses to fit them in case it invalidates the warranty and comes back on him....... to be fair, whilst it annoys me I respect his has to guard his job.

However, I see on this forum that some dealers ARE fitted them.... so if you are one of those lucky few, would you be kind enough to list them so I can take my new estate to get some extra muddy resistance? :D

• Like 2

Asked Dennis Horton's shop, several days ago too advise mudflaps for vRS estate and if std laps could be used from the MK3 Octavia range.

To date no reply.

So Skoda Customer, with Mk3 vRS's ARE SHORT CHANGED WITH ACCESSORY DETAILS and or product.

I ordered a full set of flaps for my vrs estate from Simpsons skoda online, fitting was easy - it took literally 5 mins per flap and I didn't have to remove the wheels. The front wheels can be turned to give enough room to work.

You will need the 6 pointed bit which fits the screws, I had one into normal screwdriver set.

I am crappy at DIY but managed!

• Like 1

I ordered a full set of flaps for my vrs estate from Simpsons skoda online, fitting was easy - it took literally 5 mins per flap and I didn't have to remove the wheels. The front wheels can be turned to give enough room to work.

You will need the 6 pointed bit which fits the screws, I had one into normal screwdriver set.

Just received my front and rear sets from Skoda Parts Ireland for 30euro so hope to fit these over xmas...just need to obtain a torx screwdriver then!

• Like 1

I've ordered front and rears from Skoda Parts Ireland, (otherwise known as Burns Car Sales) after following a link on one of the other threads. Just under 45 euros delivered to Scotland for genuine Skoda parts, so much cheaper than those ordered from UK dealers. After reading all the posts on how easy they are to fit, I'll be doing them myself. I'll keep you updated.

EDIT: Coincidentally posted this exactly the same time as the post above! 15 euros to post to mainland UK, hence 45 euros for mine.

Edited by Gary_UK
  • Like 1

Ah, you assume I have: 1. Tools2. Confidence3. Ability Unfortunately, being Welsh.... I have none of these things  :rofl:

Class reply!

I've ordered front and rears from Skoda Parts Ireland, (otherwise known as Burns Car Sales) after following a link on one of the other threads. Just under 45 euros delivered to Scotland for genuine Skoda parts, so much cheaper than those ordered from UK dealers. After reading all the posts on how easy they are to fit, I'll be doing them myself. I'll keep you updated.

EDIT: Coincidentally posted this exactly the same time as the post above! 15 euros to post to mainland UK, hence 45 euros for mine.

CONTACT DETAILS PLEASE. Part No. etc. Thanks.

Ah, you assume I have:

1. Tools

2. Confidence

3. Ability

Unfortunately, being Welsh.... I have none of these things :rofl:

What has being welsh got to do with being unable to fit mudflaps?
  • Like 1

Oh and they they look great!

(Just throwing that out there and waiting for the mud slinging :) )

Its ok, you'll have Mudflaps for protection ;)

Ordered a rear set for just under 32 Euros delivered to the UK (They have a 15% sale on)... cheers!

Cheers Gary,

Ordered mine today-great saving over Local prices.

E-mail back from, questioned raised about rear fitment- non committal but mentioned MK 2 type process i.e. too heat up flap prior too mounting and attachment.

Did you need to do the whole heat them up prior to mounting thing?

has anyone got a pic of a VRS estate with flaps fitted interested to see what they look like fitted as thinking of asking for some on my MKIII when it arrives as my only gripe with me MKII is that any dampness on the road causes the rear to become filthy......and no one likes a filthy rear!

• Like 1