How many Fabia Monte Carlo's are out there?

Yes sadly the same suspension.

Unsophistocated.

(Basic and undeveloped, never improved over 6-7 years before the cars are discontinued, they even build the vRS,

then copied the same onto the Rally Inspired Monte Carlos!)

The vRS are selling twice as many as they did last year, but they got the Revised Engine at the end of 2012.

The car has had no exterior changes since they first became available in 2010.

Skoda made no real attempt to sell many since they could hardly shift the Twincharger Seat's, then the Polo Gti's, and lastly the A1's.

Audi seem to be going with a Hot AWD A1/S1 next year,

and starting to make 'Sporty' looking but not fast Polo's in the future.

Lets hope the Fabia Mk3 can be made to handly and ride well, and look good.

Then they can maybe do a AWD version like the Suzuki Swift AWD, which sadly is currently only available as a 1.2 manuals,

but can show Skoda how to make an affordable car that handles and stops and also looks acceptable.

(Propably not, in case it outsells the VW's)

george

I'm only joking everyone, each to their own, the Monte Tech is the only Fabia I considered purely down the looks and deal I got.

I've got nothing against the vRS, I was just winding their owners up as I know how protective they can be.

I think most are realists and know what they bought,

or soon find out.

They certainly do not get the relevant information from Skoda, that seem to have major translation problems.

Troubles with IT and getting Literature or Website updated, or even correct on launch, or having Brochures and Press Releases Accurate.

Also Trouble in keeping Dealers and Customers aware of relevant changes, recalls, or current matters, important information and the likes.

There is a lack of attention from Skoda given to the UK on trying to sell the likes of Fabias,

It probably is just a fact that they sell better than the Other Models in the Skoda Ranges without much effort from them,

& those must be mostly the non Sporty Fabias, if there are only around 8,000 Montes & vRS in the UK since 2010,

yet they sold/registered over 11,600 Fabias just in the first 6 months of 2013.

http://www.skoda.co.uk/news/another-record-tumbles

george

I think the thing that killed the VRS is not having a deseisel version.

I cant really tell the diffrence between them, besides the black back, so I dont see what the fugley coments above are about. :)

I see so few of either VRS or Monty near where I live I see more Bentleys and DB9's...

Agree it seems that most go for the basic looking Fabia, i am quite surprised with that though, the Monte is really a basic Fabia when you peel away a few bits n bobs & it also comes at a basic price with the Tech but apparently lots of people looked at the Monte next to the basic for the same money & still went for the basic & i suppose that tells us something about the average age of the Fabia driver.

Im now going to go out on a whim with this comment, why not...i reckon the wheels & suspension have something to answer for here, the wheels are just far too bling bling for allot of people that would quite like the other bits of styling, personally i like them but id rather have a smaller set of 16's & lower suspension & i think good old chrome wheels would have attracted some of the older generation.

• Like 1

Everyone has there own opinion on why they bought a Monte over a vRS. I bought a vRS myself and knew exactly what i was letting myself in for and that still didn't scare me i just didn't fancy a Monte.

The Fabia in general is an ugly car both Monte's and vRS's but theres just something about them you seem to like, the MK1 was the same not a good looking car but something about them made you think yeah i want one!!!

my opinion on what's killed it was the engine, VW made the mistake by using this engine and i think if they had developed a 1.6T like many of the Polo,Ibiza and vRS's rivals it may have been different or even a manual option but on the other hand the 1.4TSI is a good engine without its few issues. 

Not trying to offend anyone just my views on the subject :)

• Like 3

IMO the monte looks so much nicer than the vrs, I have a van and me and the mrs have just brought one for here to use for work and for us at the weekends, we have it in the TECH Black spec 1.2 TSI and it looks stunning with the smoked lights and grill etc, the front looks so smart and has an aggressive look and stance, defiantly could have done with a little less arch gap though.

I personally wanted a vrs for the power but the decision was made to go for the monte as it was a better looking car, wasn't keen on the DSG box, more practical for the mrs daily commute and I actually enjoyed driving the little 1.2 tsi after the test drive, felt a lot faster than I imagined and is returning high 40's mpg and seeing some low 50's within the first 1000 miles which is amazing.

Everyone is entitled to there opinions, but I doubt you will get many vrs owners saying they wished they had a monte, if it was me I would be prepared to sacrifice the looks of the monte for the extra performance, the question that you have to ask is, had the vrs come in the same styling as the monte, would you have chosen that over the current style of the vrs?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

• Like 1

Everyone is entitled to there opinions, but I doubt you will get many vrs owners saying they wished they had a monte, if it was me I would be prepared to sacrifice the looks of the monte for the extra performance, the question that you have to ask is, had the vrs come in the same styling as the monte, would you have chosen that over the current style of the vrs?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Nope - the reason I bought a vRS as opposed to the alternatives (Corsa vXR, Mini Cooper, Renaultsport Clio & Abarth 500) was because it doesn't attract any attention - for the 40-something it's a cheap-as-chips motor you can drive without looking silly. Far from perfect I know, but you do need to bear in mind the value for money is superb (I've got parking sensors, full climate, cruise control and Bluetooth)

The vRS is no rocket ship but then it doesn't look like one - the Monte writes cheques it can't cash - for A-to-B motoring I'd go for an Elegance spec.

I''ve got a warranty till September 2015 - then it'll go because I don't need a car - it's a weekend runabout.

• Like 2

the wife's monte just back from her 2nd service 3 days short of her 2nd bithday with 19946 on the clock, never missed a beat and I love driving her around town. Decent MPG on a run (50-60mpg). For me she looks tidy and does the job required.

nb: won't be wapping her for my superb

Yeah that's a fair point Brian, I'm 25 and I guess peoples opinions will be different depending on age also.

Tbh for what we want the monte is plentiful I race motocross bikes at the weekend and have an R1 sat in the garage for the sunny days. So no car I can drive on the road can come close to the thrills of racing so it's about being practical for us (for now)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• Like 1

Apologies - I shouldn't be intervening in this thread - both interventions have been after Christmas nights out and I've been grumpy due to low blood / sugar levels.

Each to their own and all that - if people are happy with their own cars then the opinions of others (mine probably least of all) aren't worth a jot.

I do actually quite like the Monte in white.

• Like 2

• 1 month later...

http://www.howmanyleft.co.uk/?utf8=%E2%9C%93&q=skoda+fabia+monte+carlo+estate

SKODAFABIA MONTE CARLO 16V2
SKODAFABIA MONTE CARLO382 328 194
SKODAFABIA MONTE CARLO TDI CR2.2k 1.5k 527
SKODAFABIA MONTE CARLO TSI2.1k 1.4k 530

In total there 10,356 in the UK/DVLA records.
Edited by waynef

10738 if you add up all the numbers next to the models shown.

But that might not be right (or I slipped on the calculator).

I do know I saw 3 on Tuesday (if you include mine) and that is a personal record since I've noticed they exist and then owned one!

When there are 1500 in the first quarter,

then 200 Registered the next quarter that is then 1700,  not 3200. 

eg, 

vRS, start of 2013, first quarter,  Q1  - 2019,  taxed

second quarter about 200 new cars registered  Q2 -  2212 taxed

third quarter about 200 new cars Q3 -   2418 taxed

so if Q4 had about 200 new vRS registered there will be about '2600 UK vRS' when the figures are out in March 2014.

Some maybe on SORN,

and some will be Declared Scrapped, or might not be showing because they are Exported.

Last year, 2013  the Cupra & GTI each sold half as many as the vRS,

& the A1 sold around 50 i think, or Audi Registered that many.

Of the Cupras in 2013 First Registered quite a few will have been as Demonstrators then sold used, (or maybe not sold)

But then Skoda were selling very few Full price Monte Carlos and needed to Introduce the Techs, to get sales.