Oops!

Llanigraham

Remember kids - Never leave the car without securing it, either with the handbrake or leaving it in gear.

Even sideways.

Rule 1 of motoring surely?

Edited by Ben90
  • Like 1

This reminds me of when i flipped a car onto its roof, the car was totalled but in my confused state i climbed back in to turn the engine off and pulled the handbrake lol. :giggle:  I think i may have been concussed at the time.

This reminds me of when i flipped a car onto its roof, the car was totalled but in my confused state i climbed back in to turn the engine off and pulled the handbrake lol. :giggle:  I think i may have been concussed at the time.

A friend of mine fell asleep at the wheel and launched his car into a field. When he came to he didn't realise he was upside down and nearly knocked himself out when he undid his seatbelt.

• Like 1

A friend of mine fell asleep at the wheel and launched his car into a field. When he came to he didn't realise he was upside down and nearly knocked himself out when he undid his seatbelt.

I did something similar in a rally car; released the shoulder belts before the lap ones..........................Ouch!!

I just watched it again, and it was a write off before the recovery guy turned up, so no huge financial loss really-it's just worth a bit less as salvage, so it probably turned out ok in the end due to the filming showing how bad it was to start with.  I bet there was PLENTY form filling though  :o

Just good that no-one was in the way of it when it rolled away, lessons need to be learnt!

Lol, I did the same, not fall asleep at the wheel more youthful exuberance and running out of talent . but I also unclipped my seatbelt only to crash my head in the broken glass that used to be where the sunroof was. I was dragged out the passenger window by a kind motorbiker who had watched the incident unfold from the layby. After I had thanked him I thought sh!t the engines still running so I climbed back in and turned it off and grabbed the keys that's when habit kicked In and stupidly pulled the hand brake. :bandit:

It's a bit like an occasion many years ago when we had a class 52 on the ground at the east end of Plymouth station.  When they rerailed it they overlooked the need to apply the handbrake (yes locomotives do have them) and it darn near ran the Area Manager over!  Mind you, he should have known better than to be standing in the four foot at the time.