we need more meets

shakVRS

Sorry... Should have said South Yorkshire is notoriously bad for meets

I'm surprised that anyone from the south Yorkshire / Sheffield area don't go to the Midlands meets organised by Brimma

Last Tuesday in the month.  I've been a good few times and I drive from Harrogate, 

• Like 1

I'm surprised that anyone from the south Yorkshire / Sheffield area don't go to the Midlands meets organised by Brimma

Last Tuesday in the month.  I've been a good few times and I drive from Harrogate,

Yes, been a couple of times to that

Would like to see a south yorks meet again though

North Yorkshire is a good place. :yes:

I used to enjoy the meets at Harrogate Arms, and why don't we try 'The Stone Trough Inn' again? Depending on dates I'll try to get to the Malthouse again, but it is quite far for me.

P.S. If you think Yorkshire meets are few and far between, you should come and look at North East section.

I'm up for more Yorkshire meets, particularly if I don't have to drive 50+ miles to get to them! I've only been to one local meet - my first Briskoda meet - which was the last one held at the Harrogate Arms. The Stone Trough Inn sounds good.

As far as the Malthouse meets are concerned I'm happy to drive if you can make it to Wetherby.

North Yorkshire is a good place. :yes:

I used to enjoy the meets at Harrogate Arms, and why don't we try 'The Stone Trough Inn' again? Depending on dates I'll try to get to the Malthouse again, but it is quite far for me.

The Stone Trough Inn would be nice again but if were ordering food it might be an Idea to stop off for Fish and chips on the way    :yes:

• Like 2

The trouble with Yorkshire is that it's over 6000 square miles, North Yorkshire is about half of that alone.  One regular location won't suit many people so it's not easy to organise.  Chris does sort the Malthouse meet & there's the Whitby meet every now and then.  There have been a couple at Xcape & a few others dotted here & there.  I've been to a few over the years and would like to get to some next year but some of them would be a 4hr round trip from my house.  I think we're all willing, but work, family & stuff can sometimes get in the way.

Are the meets usually during the day / weekends?

Will an evening one be easier (or harder)?

Like an evening meal at Murgatroyds (Leeds / Bfd airport) for their famous fish n chips followed by a short convoy thru the tunnel? :-)

Are the meets usually during the day / weekends?

Will an evening one be easier (or harder)?

Like an evening meal at Murgatroyds (Leeds / Bfd airport) for their famous fish n chips followed by a short convoy thru the tunnel? :-)

or the Wetherby Whaler (ex Harry Ramsdons )  Ace fish and chips and a large car park

I'm in the Sheffield area, Todwick in Rotherhamshire to be more precise and would be up for a South Yorks meet if it fits around work, I don't usually get home much before 6.30pm weekdays.

or the Wetherby Whaler (ex Harry Ramsdons )  Ace fish and chips and a large car park

Could do.

Been to Whalers in Pudsey - but prefer the food in Murgatroyds.

Not that I am thinking more of food than the real reason for a meet - lol

What happened to the hut behind the new Whalers (Harry s original hut serving fish/chips)?