Rear end creaking

New problem

800 miles on the vRS now and after getting the left pull sorted the rear end now sounds like you have sat on an old creaky bed when you go over a speed bump or a bump in the road

Anyone had this problem or know what it is before another trip to the dealer

Sounds like bushes to me although when i open the boot and sit and bounce the car up and down i cant hear a thing

Pete

• Like 1

I have the same problem with mine, annoys the hell out of me!

I went the dealers with it and the master technician told me he had it on his Monte Carlo, he told me the only fix he knows of is spraying a silicone spay on the rubbers round your doors and boot as apparently when the rubber is dry it rubs against the metal frame when the chassis moves when going over speed bumps and bumps in road.

The fix did work on mine but it come back after a few week so have to keep spraying the rubbers.

Yet to know of another fix yet.

If that is the solution they are suggesting it would be better with grease at the Spring Mounts and Shock Absorbers, Metal to metal.

but Red Rubber Grease used on Rubber. Bushes etc.

Check the rear Handbrake cable and its mount, especially at the drivers side.

That might get rid of one of the creaks that appears.

Also the rear door catches, try the insulation tape wrapped on them, 

if it helps then you know to get the catches adjusted or replaced.

george

• 2 weeks later...

Mine has a touch of this too, annoyingly so intermittent it's barely worth looking into yet because of it's infrequency it really stands out when it happens and annoys me loads everytime.

I do think the body of this car has excessive flex in it.  if you feed a couple of fingertips inbetween the point where the end of the dash trim meets door trim, even on minor road imperfections you can feel flexing, so I'm not surprised to hear this is contributing.

Plus the stock suspension on the cars seems to have been the cheapest available to Skoda at the time so no surprises if that's noisy too.

Mine doesnt do this. But cant you put some silicone grease on the door metal where it rubs?

I havent even looked at the car, but if you put it there rather than the rubber itself, it wont be a slimy mess when your actually using the boot?

Got exactly the same problem with mine, only it only creaks on the off side rear when it's wet. Would a little WD40 do the same job on the bushes or should I use some proper lubricant?

Wd40 will do, but only for a short time as it evaporates. Proper grease will stay there for much longer.

WD 40 is as liable to leave it dry and creaky in double quick time, it is not only a water dispersant,

but also gets rid of oil and grease lubricants.

Best just use the correct Lubricants and leave the WD40 for squeeky door hinges in the house and some electrical items.

IMHO.

As seen when you use WD 40 on a push bike chain and the next time you look it is red with rust.

• 4 weeks later...

Just hit the 800 miles mark and started doing this over speed bumps on the way home.  Just taken it for a test run over a number of bumps and sounds like the tyres scraping the arches.

Will get the dealer to check this out.  Only concern I have is I am having Eibach’s fitted on the 10/02 and don’t want any warranty issues.  If it’s a suspension problem.

Not really a problem unless actually something is a miss;.

Not a 'They all do that sir!'.  but a 'many of them do that'.

Do some lubing, with the correct greases,  a bit where the springs seat, helps,

Do the bushes, etc, do the brake cables and mounts. 

Just basic stuff really, but not just a spray about with WD 40.  IMO.

Could be Otaylor38.  Question I asked myself is whether the car standing in the port for 4 months could have added to the issue.  Looked at my build date and it was on the 8/08/2013 and picked the car up on the 31/12/13.

Just a thought…

• 2 weeks later...