Bluetooth Unit

J306TD

I bought some stuff off carsystems.pl this week and they are very good.  However, just note you now also need to factor in some money changing charges they levy at the checkout.

I've bought a bluetooth module from carsystem.pl - how long does it take to arrive from Poland? 

It takes 4-5 days, and they normally give you a UPS tracking number, which gives an ETA.  The details are refreshed at several scanning points so its pretty good.

It takes 4-5 days, and they normally give you a UPS tracking number, which gives an ETA.  The details are refreshed at several scanning points so its pretty good.

Ok thanks. Dispatched today so hopefully here by the weekend!

I would try someone with an O2 s2/s3 if you can to rule out whether changes to the operating system made by the airtime provider is responsible, or failing that change over the loom to your new one (without running it under the trim initially), as it is easy to get behind the Columbus (remove the trim and four torx screws).

Personally I've no idea about how the older loom and bluetooth setups work.  Something is seemingly ending your rSAP connection and it could be the way the older setup worked I guess.

Where are you in Wales? I've got two modules a 3c8035730A and a 3C8035730D. If your near to Ormskirk/Liverpool then you're more than welcome to try them both to see if either helps.

I'm not fully understanding your problem but if it helps to eliminate any issues with your current setup then I'm only too glad to help.

Oh and I also have a Samsung Galaxy S3 (on EE). It worked without issue with both modules.

My blue tooth unit is arriving tomorrow (according to ups tracking!) So as long as the weather is half decent ill be installing it this weekend then hopefully finding a helpful briskodian to code it in for me.

Is the coding straight forward? What needs doing? Is it self explanatory?

Cheers!

Yes it's pretty simple. You tick the telephone option in the gateway and then code the module to suit the car and a couple of personal preferences around the address book. It is all set out pretty clearly in the vcds coding helper (unless its a very new 3c8..d module as I have recently discovered!!).

What module have you plumped for? If it is from car systems it might be precoded so you might only need to tick telephone in the gateway. I would offer to code it but am miles away!

Adam

Well it arrived today. Must say I have been impressed with carsystems. Very efficient service.

First thing I have noticed is the module is very light, I expected it to have a bit of weight to it for some reason!

Hopefully we'll get a nice day at the weekend so I can fit it.

So I installed the module today. All went smoothly - only tricky bit is getting everything to fit behind the head unit. It was an absolute pain in the backside! Ended up cutting away some of the plastic cage to make more room. Just trying to track down someone who can active it in vcds now...

Good result and yes its a nightmare fitting it in. I've got two quadlocks behind mine, well to the side actually, and for future reference, removing the top box and glovebox helps arrange it all a bit easier.

Got the blue tooth switched on in vcds by a friendly briskodian today.

A couple of questions;

Does it work I'm 2 different modes, a2dp and rsap? What's the difference and how do you know which mode you are in?

How does voice control work? Do you need MFSW to use it? (I don't have MFSW btw)

Blue tooth audio streaming doesn't seem to work. I'm thinking this is more to do with the phone rather than blue tooth module. Any ideas?

I don't seem to be able to access the Internet on my phone when it is connected to the module.

Very happy with what I do have working so far. All call logs are showing, phone book imported of and I've even sent and received text messages (and it read it out for me!)