Bluetooth Unit

J306TD

Sorry I didnt read your original mesaage properly. Voice control depends on the head unit, do you have a Columbus? I'm not sure the Bolero does voice control.

I noticed with this module you pair a music player separately so have you done that?

I also had trouble with the internet. If you dont have WIFI in the maxidot menu you need to code the last two bytes as 0101.

And the choice of connection is in phone mode in the menu. It will connect in rSap by default if the phone supports it.

Adam

Rsap is remote sim access protocol and takes over the sim so the car becomes the handset, offering the full functionality on the head unit and maxidot and better reception. The phone is mainly disabled. Hfp or hands free protocol retains the phone control of the sim and just the calling and phone book is read by the bt unit.

Rsap is only available on some phones, most notably iphones dont allow it.

Voice control works by pressing a button on the steering wheel or the head unit and you just have a few stock commands. I find that it works ok but its a bit of a gimic in my opinion.

The wifi works by tethering to your phone and using your data. Any handset in the car can then connect to the wifi, including your own allowing digital radio connection for example.

To do this you need to create an access point for the module which is the standard access point your phone already uses to connect to the 3G/4G signal. I googled the details for o2 in my case.

Do you see wifi in the menu?

Ah ok, I thought you had the D unit, and forgot you mentioned the C unit earlier!  The C unit doesn't have WiFi as you say but then not sure why you would have the data option in the menu...

Adam

Isn't it possible to have a data connection without having a D module. There are instructions in the manual but they are very vague.

Before I got my D module I used to use an Android app called BlueVPN which worked quite well

its been a while now but BlueVPN is a free app from the Play store. After installation you just run it and from what I can remember it finds a Skoda connection just likes the wireless D module and just connects to the internet. It was a bit hit and miss but the developer was very helpful.

I would have to re-install it and turn off wifi to remember how it works but if I can do it anybody can

Like I said the instructions in the manual are very vague for doing it without BlueVPN. I and somebody else on the forum couldn`t work it out.

Ah ok.  It sounds like both C and D units can do a data connection but D explicitly creates a wifi hotspot for other users (without the need for such an app).

Adam

Ah ok.  It sounds like both C and D units can do a data connection but D explicitly creates a wifi hotspot for other users (without the need for such an app).

Adam

I did it with my A unit and BlueVPN

Thats for the wifi hotspot which yrs doesn't have. Seems like you will need an app like ashfan used with the data connection, or possibly connect in non premium mode, so you still have control of the phone handset?

• 4 weeks later...

Just been and got an 3C8 035 730. Module pairs with phone fine and shows on Columbus but still getting 'RSAP deactivated' message on phone

Sent from my GT-I9000 using Tapatalk 2

Sorry to tell you this but these units are not designed to work with pre fl cars. Mine does but only courtesy of a special gateway adaptor box. Technically they can be made to work without the box, but they need the unit to be hooked up to maxidot in an FL car, and then paired up by accepting the pairing at the module end as well as at the phone end.