USB socket fitted - Now relocated between seats.

SimonJ

Anything out of the ordinary e.g. USB cig charger, Phone lead can give a thief an idea that something else may be left in the car. I always take things like that and hide them away (normally take them with me.

• Like 2

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

I had one a while ago  - popped it in my brand new smart and thought I had bought a car with a broken radio - very poor reception, like the aerial was unplugged. Drove 50 odd miles before I unplugged it and the radio sprang to life. Needless to say I returned it! I am now using a genuine Nokia adapter - provides more than enough power to charge my phone while using it for media purposes over bluetooth and also satnav. A lot of lesser chargers aren't up to the job, especially if your device needs more than 1 amp to charge it.

• Like 1

Slightly different but there is a USB SD card Bluetooth telephone unit manufactured by YATOUR it plugs into the back of the radio and works really well the best part of it is you can place it were you want or have it hidden from view.

• Like 1

I was thinking this for my Octy.... but you can get a BT and USB SD Head unit for less than that.....

You will not get a very good head unit for 77 euros plus you will have to buy the fascia unit the best bit about this unit is that it can be hidden away keeping the dashboard as standard.

tbh, as long as the H/U picks up and locks onto a radio frequency, and keeps it fairly unstatic-y im happy enough...

I got a Lidl special for my old car - €49 at the time inc mp3 CD, SD and USB, and it was better than the JVC unit put in my Octy by a previous owner.

Shudve ripped the head out of the Cordy before i sold it engineless, but i didnt realise how crap the JVC one is in time :p

There are lots of fake Griffin ones kicking about apparently. I've just ordered a proper one in Griffin retail packaging, from Amazon. fitted, all works and charges.

• Like 1

• 2 months later...

I have only just joined this group so forgive me if this question has been ask before .  . .I want to fit a extra Accessory socket so i can use other accessory which only us the socket.

I have seen a few places on this posting  (1) next to the original socket  (2) rear of the handbrake,  the problem how do you remove the covers both of the handbrake and the cover next to the gear stick ?  

• 2 months later...