How do the Insurance broker site sponsors perform when you need to make a claim?

littleade

I've had my vRS for juat over 12 months now and the insurance is due in a couple of weeks time. I 've been considering either a remap or a tuning box but don't want to pay a fortune in insurance premiums either. I''ve decided that a dtuk CRDe box would be the one I'd be interested in because it's more economy based rather than out and out performance and should help my CRs DPF as being more fuel efficient will mean less soot/fewer regens (less than 10% power increase but upto 20% fuel savings).

I've discounted a remap due to the ECU being encrypted and am not prepared to risk any warrenty issues that could arise if I had the ECU 'enabled'. I don't want to start a remap/tuning box debate and am not trying to suggest there is anything wrong with remapping a car it's just that it's not for me becuse of the encrypted ECU position- in fact if it wasn't encrypted that's the route I would have preferred.

looking on the comparison sites there's no way you can declare individual products and you just get hit with the usual 50% plus premium increase.

I'd expect the brokers on Brisky to be able to give me a more realistic quote, based on the unit I'm thinking of fitting (I've not bought one yet) but I'm also interested in knowing how members have been treated if they have had to make a claim.

so what sort of service have you recieved both if you had to make a claim or not and what sort of premium increases did you have to pay if you remapped/fitted a tuning box.

My normal method of choosing an insurer is a combination of price vs how they come out in the which reports and what service you get if you need to make a claim, but the site sponsors don't appear here hence my questions. hopefully this will help others too if they are in a similar position to me.

cheers

Ade

Littleade, I am currently talking to a couple of the sponsors on insurance and signs are very encouraging regards modified car cover.

PM me as I don't want to post costs etc yet as I haven't committed to an insurer yet and I will let you know where I am.

• Like 1

Ive been with sky insurance for the last two years been easy to deal with and when i found a cheaper renewal they matched it with no hassle thats with my remap declared.

Ive not had to claim with them yet (touch wood) but judging by how they have dealt with me from the beginning im very confident in them.

Reasonably priced aswell

Edited by Glynn
  • Like 2

• Sponsor

We actually have a scheme with DTUK for their customers (terms the same as this club's scheme). The beauty of using a broker is that you have someone there to fight your corner in the event of a claim if you need it. Otherwise it's just you against the insurer.

We'd be very happy to offer you a quote, littleade.

It's the insurers (note club insurers are all brokers) you need to look at for reviews of claim handling but bare in mind pretty much all reviews your find for any insurer will be negative so do not read too much into these.  A good broker will support their customer if there are claim issues.

Ade, feel free to call us on tel: 01707 642552 if you would like to go through a quotation with us or feel free to PM over your contact details. 

skyfbimage_zpsf8bef167.jpg

• 3 weeks later...

I contacted two of the site sponsors at renewal. One I filled in their online form for a call back which never came, and the other quoted over a grand for a standard Octavia vRS, when the cheapest quotes I was getting were around £260. Not impressed to say the least.