Build Week 2 anyone?

I think this is BW2 and my dealer tells me, today, that my car is scheduled to be built this week. Funny, I have only thought of other people's cars actually being constructed. its wierd to think that mine might actually be going together now!

Anybody else's being done this week?

As a tiny down side, I doubt whether I'll be able to swing this for a March 1st registration, as its on the pcp deal.

Me!

In my mind the spray paint robots are swishing Corrida Red all over the MQB substructure as we speak in a graceful mechanical ballet................

....no pendants who know how modern cars are actually made are allowed to chip in and shatter this notion!

Niall

• Like 1

Sadly not build week 2 for me.....but the good news is its build week 4! Hopefully I'll be able to swing it for a March 1st delivery, fingers crossed.

Mine should be built this week as well and should be available to pick up late January.

Ordered September 4th so it will be nearly 5 months but the excitement is picking up again!

I had a nice call from the dealer yesterday informing me that my build week had changed from week 10 to this week, ordered on November 11th

cant wait

Spec as follows so not all corolla red :)

Octavia VRS 2.0TSI DSG

Meteor Grey

Upholstery (red seams)

Heated washers

Black Design pack

Multi function display (colour)

Cruise Control

Sunset Glass

Canton sound system

Kessy

Neil.

So, all being well, our cars are assembled now and, i assume, ready to go on the train ride to Emden to await the ship to UK.

Can anybody remember how long it takes for arrival at port after leaving the factory?

So, all being well, our cars are assembled now and, i assume, ready to go on the train ride to Emden to await the ship to UK.

Can anybody remember how long it takes for arrival at port after leaving the factory?

According to SUK yesterday mine was born 0n 8th and was in transit to port

I called yesterday and the system had not updated apparently so the dealer could not confirm if my car was built or not.

Apparently SUK emails the dealer and gives them a list of cars wich will be delivered in that month (January), mine is on that list and was also mentioned that some BW3 will be delivered in jan aswell...... I remain possative!! Lol :-)

When we spoke to SUK they informed us that due to weather there was a backlog on shipping etc.. and this was delaying transit. Had anyone else heard similar? From a similarly excited BW3 chap!

Well, dealer told me yesterday that mine was at Emden and I noticed thatthe Schelde Highway sailed for Grimsby last night, so I wonder if any of our cars are on that?

Schelde Highway due to dock later this afternoon

African Highway is currently at Emden but moored at the VW berth.

Few other Highways heading to Emden from various locations like Malmo and there's one going from Grimsby to Malmo.

http://www.marinetraffic.com/en/ais/index/search/keyword:highway

Can tell I've a quite afternoon at home :rofl:

TP

• Like 2