Matty's Orange Fabia Sport MKII 1.9TDi (vRS...:))

Slotty

I have to admit that having driven the car for few days now I'm getting bit annoyed by the fact that I can't take every single corner and round abound at the speed I really want to due to the fact that all other drivers in front of me have to slow right down…

I’m honestly having lots of fun Driving my car now and really enjoying it…!!! I highly recommend these suspension mods to anyone who likes to try and test their car’s limits… :sun: 

• Like 1

I have to admit that having driven the car for few days now I'm getting bit annoyed by the fact that I can't take every single corner and round abound at the speed I really want to due to the fact that all other drivers in front of me have to slow right down…

I’m honestly having lots of fun Driving my car now and really enjoying it…!!! I highly recommend these suspension mods to anyone who likes to try and test their car’s limits… :sun:

Ummmmmm so Briskoda How Fast? then.

That is all.

• Like 2

I'm very tempted to join you guys...Honeslty... :angel:

What if I book it with them and then can't make it...? Will they still charge me..? Asking cos we planning the holiday second part of August and no dates picked yet... :dull:

Yes. Both sets. I bought these and both were supplied with longer bolts and little pin to help with positioning these on the hub before wheels were fitted. Rears are 17mm each side, fronts 12mm each side. Super light. I was actually shocked how light these were when delivered...:)

Both made by Sparco and not too expensive where I bought them from. If you after any let me know...I can help with sorting these out.

Basically mines are for mk1 Fabia and bolts are for oem alloys but u can order the spacers with bolts for the aftermarket ones. They have a online shop where you select your model and they list any parts for your car. They are an approved Sparco supplier but also sell other parts like springs, coilovers and many many more.

Pm me what you after and I'll help...;)

Matty

I had the same dilemma and I'm glad I went for 17 and 12mm as my wheel ain't sticking out but car looks much better.

Let me know when your around mine or you can have a look at the next Ashford meet...:)

Thanks Emauel. Seen your New wheels and your car is looking awesome with these fitted. The amount of time and efford spent on your car paid off as it's definitely the best ever looking mk2 Fabia...!

• Like 1

Looking good Slotty.

Been looking at these on AT, seems you got a bloody good deal back in 2010 or values of the PDs are being stubborn!

Have you looked at doing a rear disc conversion? I can't fathom out which models come with discs and which don't, seen a 57 PD3 with and an 08 PD3 without? Sports don't seem to have them either.

• Like 1

Hi Dan. Yes. I considered the rear brake conversion but couldn't find a donor at the time when I was doing all other upgrades so decided to leave the drums for now...Who knows what the future holds for my Car...;)

Have you looked at doing a rear disc conversion? I can't fathom out which models come with discs and which don't, seen a 57 PD3 with and an 08 PD3 without? Sports don't seem to have them either.

I'll stick my neck out here and say that I *think* the rear disc set up would be the same as the Mk1 fabia. I stand to be very much corrected though and may if course be talking out of ny @r5e.

• Like 1

I'll stick my neck out here and say that I *think* the rear disc set up would be the same as the Mk1 fabia. I stand to be very much corrected though and may if course be talking out of ny @r5e.

If so, I know where there is a complete mk1 Fabia VRS back end...

• Like 2

Hi Dan. Yes. I considered the rear brake conversion but couldn't find a donor at the time when I was doing all other upgrades so decided to leave the drums for now...Who knows what the future holds for my Car... ;)

Will be interesting to see how the back end plays with heavy track braking :) 

• Like 1

As are most FWD cars, but I know during 'spirited' driving my rear discs can get quite warm (fronts hot). I think I'd be worried that on track, with upgraded fronts, the bias shifts too much forward due to the drums being a weak point and the rear tries to come around.

Only time can tell though :)

As are most FWD cars, but I know during 'spirited' driving my rear discs can get quite warm (fronts hot). I think I'd be worried that on track, with upgraded fronts, the bias shifts too much forward due to the drums being a weak point and the rear tries to come around.

Only time can tell though :)

For sure you can get the back end to go really really light and squirmy under heavy braking with the 312's upfront, much fun when contending with the 'over the crest' at Avon Rise!!

I've always been taught to do all your braking in a straight line, reducing the risk of the back end coming around under braking.

• Like 1