My new Skoda Fabia MK1

Hi! Last summer i bought this lovely Skoda Fabia. This is a 1,2 HTP with 64bhp, which means it's obviously not a race car ;) I needed a car number 2, and this definately does the job! Lately I've made a few simple upgrades. I gave it a total polish job, so it looks pretty nice. I plastidipped the front grill and the rear wing. I've also changes all the light bulbs all around the car. It looks so much smarter with the new fitted White/xenon look lights including LED licenceplate light. I've fitted a 1din pioner stereo aswell.

Future plans: - Lantern tint - Remove the towbar - Remove the door protectors -  painting the rear drums -Styling kit? I really want the car to look smart and not "overstyled", it's still an 1,2 litre fabia, not an VRS. I attach a picture when I bought the car from an old man.

post-112149-0-10920800-1389223303_thumb.jpg

Edited by 1Fabianskino

Thank you! This is an absolute great forum, people are just so helpful. Feel free to leave a comment/question or hint/tips for modifications that can to be done. :) Could anyone tell me how to share pictures in a thread like this? Would like to show you guys some of my work on the car so far.

Edited by 1Fabianskino

I bought Phillips H7 Bluevison Ultra bulbs for the low beam frontlights. I swapped the highbeams and the spreads with  H4, with the Bluevisiion Ultra bulbs from Phillips. In my opinion this gives a much better light. I definately looks pretty cool aswell, because it gives the car a blue xenon effect. Really reacomended, but brand new phillips bulbs arent exactly cheap... 

• Like 1

Thanks guys! Munch appriciated. Unfortunately i got a dent on my rear bumper. Is it possible to heat it up and pull it out? I might replace the bumper with an vrs bumper. I wil post a picture later so you could have a look. Do any of you know how to remove the towbar? Do I have to remove the bumper to get access to the bolts?

Yes you need to remove the rear bumper to remove the tow bar, you will most probably need a rear end crash bar, because it needs to be removed to fit a tow bar.

I have one surplus when I fitted my TB. PM if you are interested.

Db

I thinking about buying a new set of wheels for my Fabia. At the moment i have the standard skoda alloys 14". (look my gallery). I figured i might go with some 16" 205-45. Would these tyres fit my car? i Know that the vrs models, are orignially fitted with these. What do you guys think of some black alloys from a monte carlo?

Good job. Looking sharp :thumbup:

Like you, I recently had a problem with one of my number plate LED's going out. When I went to fix it the following day, it was working again and is still working. I've checked it every day since, and all seems fine.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...

Hi! Did you get the tow bar off and have you changed the wheels? I ask because I shall be fitting a tow bar to my Fabia 1 and could use the wiring if it's a dedicated harness. I'm also in the market for two standard 14" ally wheels. I'm in deepest east Kent but with my luck you'll be in the Shetlands! :wonder:

Hi! Did you get the tow bar off and have you changed the wheels? I ask because I shall be fitting a tow bar to my Fabia 1 and could use the wiring if it's a dedicated harness. I'm also in the market for two standard 14" ally wheels. I'm in deepest east Kent but with my luck you'll be in the Shetlands! :wonder:

I have a full set of 14" alloy wheels from my Fabia all with LOADS of tread on them. I'm also in Kent