Fabia MK1 Boot wont open - have searched

johal87

Hi guys, 

done a search and not got a 100% answer. Basically it does not open, from the key fob, or the button on the bootlid. so far i have done the following;-

Tried to free up the pusher, world on my LCR, however no avail here. 

Brand new lock/solenoid from TPS, again nothing, no sound, no wirring etc...

The lights on the door/boot work so i guess the fuse is not blown, seems ok to be honest. 

Heard something about alignment, but it doesn't even make any sound movement when the boot is open, 

Im starting to go mad here, any advise...

Go into the rear of the car, nearside, flip the back seat down and pull back the inner liner where the boot light is, in there is all the wiring etc. have a look around and a play with the wires and connectors including the one going to the light.

I found this resolved the problem on my VRS mate.

Dave.

Go into the rear of the car, nearside, flip the back seat down and pull back the inner liner where the boot light is, in there is all the wiring etc. have a look around and a play with the wires and connectors including the one going to the light.

I found this resolved the problem on my VRS mate.

Dave.

will check this shortly mate thanks

kgod, all lights seem to be working fine but will double check fuses 

no luck with either of those actions guys, whats next? also when i hold the boot button off the key the lights flash, and when i shut the boot, the lights flash, so it is clocking the boot closing. 

Remove plastic cover from around the striker/hoop, fold rear seats forwards. Lie in boot with doors closed and lock car, then try to unlock the boot from the keyfob. Should at least see if it's trying to do something. Some have reported the actuator arm bending/failing. It's part of the striker assembly on the boot, as opposed to the rear hatch.

common problem bud, I had the same problem with mine, didn't bother fixing mine, I just had to put pressure down on the boot lid as I pressed the button and it popped open!  lol worth a try!

(this is an alignment issue!)

Edited by howley87

That was my point, i think with mine the light in the boot was staying on for some reason and maybe that is why the boot wouldn't pop due to it thinking it was already open??

Mine was sorted when i had a good play with the wiring etc near the boot light.

Dave.

you need a multi meter or a power probe so you can see if the motor is getting any power at the boot end, could also use power probe to directly power the solinoid to see if it works.

Thought i would mention this for anyone that didn't know about the emergency lever.

Get into the boot, pull the black cover off and open the lock with the orange lever.

By the way, a common enough fault is for the wires to break at the hinges in the rubber boots. 

null_zps88bd240c.jpg

• Like 1

• 3 years later...
7 hours ago, Golf-Fiend said:

Does the boot open if you first open and close the rear door? Both my wife's and mate's Fabias suffer this issue. I'm confused why opening rear door works but it does!

That means the drivers door microswitch is failing.

1 minute ago, TripleMcB said:

Where's that going to be located?

Inside the drivers door. The switch is clipped to the outside of the lock module. You can buy the microswitches on ebay or you can buy a whole new lock unit with switch already fitted.

Edited by TMB

Just to point out that a new microswitch doesn't always work because the switch plunger operates by rubbing on a plastic covered cam. The plastic cam surface can be damaged which stops the switch working properly. Often a new lock unit is a better solution.

If you check my thread here (which was made before proper replacement switches became available) you will see what I mean about the cam...

https://www.briskoda.net/forums/topic/330840-door-microswitch/?hl=%2Bdoor+%2Bmicroswitch#entry3977066

Edited by TMB