Fitting a Roadhawk HD

Alan Harrow

Hi, I am buying a Roadhawk HD and fitting into my Greenline. Anyone done this already?

Particularly interested in running cable down window pillar (how easy does trim come off?)

Prefer to wire permanently - I assume there are spare fuses etc

Welcome any help.

Thanks

Alan H.

Firstly remove the fuse box cover by the drivers door. I fitted a piggy back fuse to number 6 (rear wiper) left 12 amp fuse in the main and fitted 2 amp for the output to the cig. lighter socket needed for the power to the camera. The wiring I ran from the mounting point at the windscreen top tucked it behind the headlining and then lifted the rubbers by the drivers a pillar/door and again tucked the lead behind this. The cig, plug does into the socket and you will find enough room to tape these into position to the right side of the fuses. Replace the fuse box cover and fit your camera to the connecting feed on top of the windscreen.

The camera will start automatically when you turn on the ignition and go off when you turn off and remove the key...I hope this helps.

Hi Jon B, thanks for the info.

I will follow that routing.

It sounds like you have fitted a socket, I intend cutting off the 12v plug and hardwiring to save on space. 

Thanks again

Alan H.

Hi Jon B, thanks for the info.

I will follow that routing.

It sounds like you have fitted a socket, I intend cutting off the 12v plug and hardwiring to save on space. 

Thanks again

Alan H.

Think if you remove the plug you will feed the Road Hawk a full 12v. Do they not run at 5v or there abouts. Think the 12v socket reduces the power

I might be wrong but worth checking

Think if you remove the plug you will feed the Road Hawk a full 12v. Do they not run at 5v or there abouts. Think the 12v socket reduces the power

I might be wrong but worth checking

That's right, do not cut off the socket or you will get the full 12v and it will burn out your camera, you need the socket to reduce the output down to 5v. The socket and plug fit in the space ok as I mentioned earlier

Just to clear up any confusion:  the additional cigar lighter socket (female) delivers 12v;  the plug on the end of the camera supply cable (male) contains a voltage dropper to 5v.

Alan, I have one of these for the Möbius dashcam...

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/151072001797?ssPageName=STRK:MEWNX:IT&_trksid=p3984.m1497.l2649

They may do similar to fit the Roadhawk, if this isn't compatible.

Comes from china but I had no issues dealing with the seller.