New L & K Estate Will not read out SMS texts

I have just replaced my 2009 170 DSG Elegance at 115K with a L & K Estate. fantastic so far. However I now find that I cannot get the SMS texts read out by the car as I could with the old car. Any ideas what I am doing wrong? The manual indicates the read option should be there when connected via RASP premium.

Same phone Galaxy S2 and this facility worked fine.

Is it something to do with the bluetooth module? I used to have a 3C8 035 730A module which couldn`t read out SMS messages. I replaced it with a 3C8 035 730D which now does. It dosen`t do it automatically though, only when I scroll to the read aloud option in the Maxidot

Or change to a windows phone which does it without RSAP and allows you to reply via voice. ( phone needs a good data connection for success)

Caveat :you would though lose the ability to have the caller announced (ok in the car) and only one volume for music ,calls,alarms etc.

other minor annoyances, the quantity of apps available NOT being one of them.

I found this when I changed to a facelift. You can get texts read out via the phone menu in the Columbus. I have highlighted this to my dealer for them to sort out at the upcoming first service. I will let you know if anything changes

I found this when I changed to a facelift. You can get texts read out via the phone menu in the Columbus. I have highlighted this to my dealer for them to sort out at the upcoming first service. I will let you know if anything changes

Checked this out with  my car and I can read out texts via the Columbus, but still not via the MFD. Any Ideas

I think the problem I had was the phone. My Galaxy S3 died shortly after I posted ( see above) so I resurrected an old HTC Desire which refused to pair. My son lent me a very early S3 he has as a spare and all is now well.

Is there any way you can try your phone on another L&K , you're welcome to try mine if you're ever in the neighbourhood :-)

Checked this out with  my car and I can read out texts via the Columbus, but still not via the MFD. Any Ideas

I haven't been to dealer yet, service due in next week or two.  I had the same phone with both cars so I know it isn't the phone

• 4 weeks later...

Heard from Skoda UK. The facelift models do not have the facility to read out text messages from the MFD/Maxi dot panel. The message can be read out via Columbus -Phone - SMS screen. I think it is called progress! :devil: