FL Real World Standard Equipment

aerofurb

Had the Yeti over a week now and although I'm not keen on the gold/brown dash inserts I find I don't really notice it that much anymore. what really is noticeable is how noisey the window motors and wiper motors are compared to previous cars. They just make the thing sound cheap and tinny. Shame. 

....what really is noticeable is how noisey the window motors and wiper motors are compared to previous cars. They just make the thing sound cheap and tinny. Shame. 

Oh?  I hadn't noticed.  Anyone else?

Not something I've been conscious of at all. But wipers _and_ windows? Two completely different sources of sound in different locations (though all electric motors of course)? And they all sound noisy? Is this with the engine running or not? Maybe they are noisier than on some other makes? But (i) I very rarely have need to lower a window; and (ii) the wipers are usually only on if I've driving along at some significant speed and then there's a background of engine/road/wind noise.

Not noticed any difference in noise of wipers from other cars but why do rear wipers have to be noisier than from ones?

Fred

Rear wiper motors are usually in the tailgate, so there's only a piece of plastic trim between you and the noisy motor.

Front wiper motors are buried behind more layers of dash & metalwork, so you don't hear so much.

Rear wiper motors are usually in the tailgate, so there's only a piece of plastic trim between you and the noisy motor.

Front wiper motors are buried behind more layers of dash & metalwork, so you don't hear so much.

I thought of that as soon as I posted! They do have a "different" noise that irritates me. :wall:

Fred

Not something I've been conscious of at all. But wipers _and_ windows? Two completely different sources of sound in different locations (though all electric motors of course)? And they all sound noisy? Is this with the engine running or not? Maybe they are noisier than on some other makes? But (i) I very rarely have need to lower a window; and (ii) the wipers are usually only on if I've driving along at some significant speed and then there's a background of engine/road/wind noise.

I think I noticed them more as I was parked up just playing with all the switches and levers when we first got it but when on the move the wipers do seem fine. It was just me being picky. It doesn't help that there is a nasty film over the windscreen causing the wipers to streak. (it had a poor valet before we collected it) and I haven't had the time or the weather to give it a good clean. Oh and the champaign trim stuff is now dark grey carbon wrapped which took all of 20 mins to do and looks better imo. And when we get bored of it it can be removed.

I suspect there'll be a lot of champagne trim removal / modification going on. Really quite tempted to get mine done in moon white once the silver ones are on (within an hour of collection).

I suspect there'll be a lot of champagne trim removal / modification going on. Really quite tempted to get mine done in moon white once the silver ones are on (within an hour of collection).

Like I said earlier we started not to notice it as much as time went on but it is a very strange colour. Although I think what I have done is an improvement, I'm not sure if it makes the cabin look even more plain. I think moon white could look good but not sure if body coloured trim works better on little city cars more like the Fiat 500 and VW Up! etc. It would brighten the interior up though. We will live with the wrap for now then maybe change it for a different wrap at a later date. Its a lot cheaper than buying new trim. About £5 worth of wrap.

Like I said earlier we started not to notice it as much as time went on but it is a very strange colour. Although I think what I have done is an improvement, I'm not sure if it makes the cabin look even more plain. I think moon white could look good but not sure if body coloured trim works better on little city cars more like the Fiat 500 and VW Up! etc. It would brighten the interior up though. We will live with the wrap for now then maybe change it for a different wrap at a later date. Its a lot cheaper than buying new trim. About £5 worth of wrap.

Would like to see some pics!

I don't care that the purists will moan that that "is not real carbon fibre"...  urgh. I love the pattern of carbon fibre and think that looks smashing and a gazillion times better than the man-with-a-gold-chain-and-my-other-car-is-a-lamborghini gold dust strips the Elegance is saddled with as standard.

• Like 2

I don't care that the purists will moan that that "is not real carbon fibre"...  urgh. I love the pattern of carbon fibre and think that looks smashing and a gazillion times better than the man-with-a-gold-chain-and-my-other-car-is-a-lamborghini gold dust strips the Elegance is saddled with as standard.

...but its not real carbon fibre! ;)

Very smart job though! :)

Don't worry about the purists as the Yeti silver brushed trim is only plastic, not real metal.

Love the ......"man with a golden chain etc" quote - classic! 

Thanks for your thoughts. We prefer it compared to how it was. Carbon isn't the best look in the world and think it makes it look a bit bland. there are so many vinyls to choose. Its just what I had spare. when I have some money spare I might buy some "brushed steel" vinyl. not sure yet.