FL Real World Standard Equipment

aerofurb

Did you remove the trims, or wrap them in-situ?

yes I removed them as it gives a much better finish and removing them is so easy, just a case opening glove box and pulling on the trim. The clips seem quite sturdy so shouldn't break very easily. The problem I find with vinyl wrapping is that I seem to get addicted to doing it so end up looking around for things to wrap as its so satisfying.

• Like 1

I realise this probably isn't the right place to put this post but not sure where it should be. When washing the Yeti for the first time. I have noticed that the offside black plastic sill is badly scraped front to back. It's not even 2 weeks old and we are certain it hasn't happened while we have had it, It wasn't noticed when we collected it as it was raining and the damage is very low down and by the time we had driven home the sills were already covered in grime. (only noticed it when drying the car off after washing). Going to ring the dealer but fairly sure they will say we can't prove that it was done before we picked it up. So was just wondering if anyone has any idea how much a replacement sill might cost.

I realise this probably isn't the right place to put this post but not sure where it should be. When washing the Yeti for the first time. I have noticed that the offside black plastic sill is badly scraped front to back. It's not even 2 weeks old and we are certain it hasn't happened while we have had it, It wasn't noticed when we collected it as it was raining and the damage is very low down and by the time we had driven home the sills were already covered in grime. (only noticed it when drying the car off after washing). Going to ring the dealer but fairly sure they will say we can't prove that it was done before we picked it up. So was just wondering if anyone has any idea how much a replacement sill might cost.

I only took delivery of a brand new car in the rain once in my life. Never again as something similar happened. Good luck sorting it.

I only took delivery of a brand new car in the rain once in my life. Never again as something similar happened. Good luck sorting it.

Better tell my dealer to hang on to my new Yeti till August then....:giggle:
  • Like 1

Easier to have them keep it indoors for collection. Rather than gamble with the weather :-)

Exactly...  in fact INSIST on collecting the car DRY and INDOORS.  Hence I picked up my Yeti inside the Marlborough Škoda workshop.

This is the very first picture I took of my Monster with 8 miles on the clock:

56590_456014041323_665745_o.jpg

• Like 1

Easier to have them keep it indoors for collection. Rather than gamble with the weather :-)

Plus 2 for this ,when I picked mine up it was chucking it down and never stopped for over two days.

When I was able to check it out I found a couple nasty scratches on the drivers door ,straight on the phone to Trust Skoda Redditch the suppliers who were more than helpful ,booked in the following day and a 1st rate job done, so well pleased and relieved . :whew:

I picked up my new SE1.2 yesterday. Poking around in the boot etc. and found some rubber straps just inside the lower boot edge and some more on the right in the bit behind the wheel arch. I looked in the manual and they seem to be for a triangle and a first aid kit. Does anyone know if they are supposed to be delivered with cars in the UK or is it a case that beasue they are not legal requirements in the UK they don't supply them as standard?

Simon

I heard they were trying to stop the use of warning triangles due to health and safety as it can be dangerous to walk up the road to place it. I believe they are not allowed to be used  on the motorway as it is illegal to walk along a motorway to put it in place. Just in case anyone was wondering... which you probably weren't.

• Like 1

I heard they were trying to stop the use of warning triangles due to health and safety as it can be dangerous to walk up the road to place it. I believe they are not allowed to be used  on the motorway as it is illegal to walk along a motorway to put it in place. Just in case anyone was wondering... which you probably weren't.

Wrong!

You are allowed to position a warning triangle.

Just checked the Highway Code. It says if you have a warning triangle it should be placed 45 metres from the stranded vehicle but they are never to be used on a motorway. Anyway I'm going way off topic. Sorry

Just checked the Highway Code. It says if you have a warning triangle it should be placed 45 metres from the stranded vehicle but they are never to be used on a motorway. Anyway I'm going way off topic. Sorry

That sounds very logical, as I would not want to walk 45 metres down a motorway hard shoulder, especially at night.

Strange though, that it still appears legal on continental motorways - must be that the Eurorcrats have not put their oar in yet.

• 3 weeks later...

Did anyone get the 'phone drawer' in the centre console ahead of the gear lever in their FL Yeti - as per the brochure?

Nope. Not in the Elegance, just a cubby hole for collecting dust. Are all F/L's meant to have the drawer?

Did anyone get the 'phone drawer' in the centre console ahead of the gear lever in their FL Yeti - as per the brochure?

I thought that was for the optional Bluetooth enhancer thing? Do you get that on the FL Yeti? On the Octy you get this to enhance the Bluetooth signal in this drawer. So it's an option for sure on the Octy and not standard.

I didn't ask but mine was in the workshop when I collected it at the weekend anyway. Had quite some time to check it over before the salesman could get rid of another customer  :giggle:

Since it was dry and sunny anyway, another salesman moved the Yeti outside and we had a further check in daylight. All was fine  :rock: http://www.briskoda.net/forums/topic/285198-the-skoda-yeti-fl-discussion-thread/page-34#entry3671216

Somewhat overwhelmed by all the gadgets. Certainly haven't noticed loud electric motors or strange trim but coming from a 15.5 year old car to present day is a bit of a shock to the system.