Door not unlocking from remote.

As of tonight I went out to look at a few bits on the octy and as usual was greeted by yet another thing now deciding to play up.

Of course it can't go 1 week without adding a new issue into the equation.

I am however confused as to what is going in with this one.

The drivers front door won't unlock off of either remote. Since I've had the car it has had a replacement door unit in the osf as it was originally showing the usual signs of no courtesy, interior light or light on warning pings.

With the unit replaced it all happily started working until this evening where the door won't unlock.

Everything else still functions as it should do and the door unlocks (although feels slightly stiff) on the key but both remotes are failing to do the osf door.

The motor still makes the noise and you can hear it all doing what it's supposed to so this is why I'm a bit confused?

Also not wanting to strip the door down tonight in the pi55ing rain.

Anyone have any suggestions as like I say was going to sort out some little niggles whilst waiting to source the clutch out and it's thrown another one into the bag :(

SWMBOs Seat does the same but I've not bothered to have a go at it yet as the door card looks to be a pain to get off. Looking at other posts previously the wiring loom between the door and A pillar is another known weakness as the wires fray and break over time. As you've already done the other usual suspect unless you can get it scanned might be worth checking those wires tomorrow. Another problem is the actual connector that plugs into the door control unit. Apparently the pins get corroded inside where water gets in. Good luck.

SWMBOs Seat does the same but I've not bothered to have a go at it yet as the door card looks to be a pain to get off. Looking at other posts previously the wiring loom between the door and A pillar is another known weakness as the wires fray and break over time. As you've already done the other usual suspect unless you can get it scanned might be worth checking those wires tomorrow. Another problem is the actual connector that plugs into the door control unit. Apparently the pins get corroded inside where water gets in. Good luck.

Ah ok, thanks for the suggestions. I will see if the weather holds off enough to pop it all back off again to give a good look over.

It worked fine 3 days ago and then last night just decided didn't want to know. No signs of anything at all.

Let's hope the heavens give it a rest for a bit then so can have a look see :)

• Like 1

I'm kind of in the same place. Had weird window and lock behaviour for 2 weeks (switch off engine and all the windows open), and I've just my corroded control unit cleaned up which has sorted that.

The driver's door lock (which was remote-unlocking just fine this morning), is now doing the same as yours.

I also had the red LED atop the driver's door permanently on. Now it's permanently off, which probably means something to someone. I'll keep an eye on your thread, if I learn anything valuable I'll let you know.

Ah that does sound similar. In fairness I hadn't really looked at my red led, will have to have a proper look tomorrow wheni get home from work as once again, plans were scuppered today by unexpected events and wedding prep issues :(

Would just like to get it behaving itself again as apart from the clutch and door seal these more little issues really bug me.

Once I've had a chance to investigate I will definitely update. Only thing I can say is I've not (as of yet) had the window issue so hopefully it will be something reasonably simple to sort.

Right well I had a bit of a look today and the wiring to the door is all intact for what could be seen that is.

The shroud round it is completely fine with no kinks or nicks out of it. Havent started unravelling the shroud though as I haven't got a multi meter to check lives and so on but from a brief visual everything in the rubber cover was all ok.

I noticed that locking and unlocking the car from the remote now means the red light on the door pin doesn't light up but if I lock it from the key it flashes as usual.

Guessing its a case of door card off now to look into what is and isn't happening inside there then.

Also my window swithces and drivers door console all function as they should.

Bloody red cars :(

I have the same problem, I have been told by people on here its a common problem, there is a block connector at the bottom of the window, inside the door, its a design fault apparently, water runs down the window and straight into the block connector, basically you have to remove the door card and replace or cut out the block connector, its supposed to be a pig of a job thats why I,ve not done mine yet but its coming as now I have a pool in my drivers foot well grrrrrrrr

Agreed, Bloody Red cars.

Hope this helps

• Like 1

Yeah thanks for that link, it sent me back into the door and i found the cabling that gets worn had lost some of it's wrapping. Not enough to cause issues so I just wrapped it and tucked it back in. Had another look in the door control unit plug while I was there (previously confirmed good by my spanner-man), and found one missing pin and another folded flat!

DSC06645_zpse3e19a5c.jpg

At least I can see something to fix now... :thumbup:

Edited by ExHondaMan

As of tonight I went out to look at a few bits on the octy and as usual was greeted by yet another thing now deciding to play up.

Of course it can't go 1 week without adding a new issue into the equation.

I am however confused as to what is going in with this one.

The drivers front door won't unlock off of either remote. Since I've had the car it has had a replacement door unit in the osf as it was originally showing the usual signs of no courtesy, interior light or light on warning pings.

With the unit replaced it all happily started working until this evening where the door won't unlock.

Everything else still functions as it should do and the door unlocks (although feels slightly stiff) on the key but both remotes are failing to do the osf door.

The motor still makes the noise and you can hear it all doing what it's supposed to so this is why I'm a bit confused?

Also not wanting to strip the door down tonight in the pi55ing rain.

Anyone have any suggestions as like I say was going to sort out some little niggles whilst waiting to source the clutch out and it's thrown another one into the bag :(

If the drain holes are blocked water can sit in the door and although this might not touch any electrical components will create damp.

That damp can have an effect on the wiring. It becomes brittle. Although if untouched will be ok, but the minute you move it , say to unplug a connector on the window control module that is enough to cause a break then bang you get a intermittent problem with poor contact.

Door led not working or intermittent can be a symptom of this.

Now as the door wires to locking mechanism do not have 12v supply as they work on a "canbus" only sending a voltage signal when you operate remote sometimes you get lucky , sometimes you don't.with intermittent faults.

Firstly unplug an check all connections and that you have no corrosion on door module , door lock etc

Then if all clean hang in a spare loom from A pillar to all the components and see what happens. I got a loom from a scrappy and this proved to be the issue.

Next will be confirming the components, but you really nee spare ones around for that.

I had a spare door which always helps.