Is anything missing on this engine ?

Hello. I am planing to buy A skoda fabia from 2010 1.2 TSI 86hp with 100.000 km, bought as new, first owner, service history. The price is 3400 euro wich makes me very suspicious. He told me that he would accept any tests... In will go and see the car on monday. He sent me a picture with the engine witch looks to clean and i think something is missing. I'm kinda paranoic because of this price :) The car has the front wind screen cracked and the passanger door is a little bit pushed inside.  

Thank you and i'm waiting for your comments. 

post-112633-0-05763400-1389902380_thumb.jpg

post-112633-0-02488100-1389902488_thumb.jpg

Edited by Ceapatare

No it isn't.  Looks like the htp engine to me either the 60 or 70PS (can't tell the difference just by looking at it).  A good little engine provided you're not a boy racer but certainly not the TSI engine.

• Like 1

The description of the car is :

Petrol 1.2, 100.000 km, 90hp, 66kw

As far as i know 66 kw and 90 hp ist the 1.6 tdi cr engine. 

Very weird. I am wondering if I should take that car to the Skoda service and test it. The seller doesn't seem to know what he is talking about. And the voice sounds kinda old.

Edited by Ceapatare

Thats the same engine as mine. Only its missing a cover. Its a 1.2 htp. And looking at that second picture the spec is an 's' so the engine will be the 6v 60hp version.

The 1.2 tsi is a Cracking engine, but that isnt one. So id keep well away mate. Makes me wonder what else hes hiding

Edited by Otaylor38

Hm.. on the car's card it says 90hp 66kw... witch means its not the same motor. Maybe the car was crashed.. Anyway if its not the same motor the km wont match with the service history... I think i will go and check this car even if I wil lose money on the tester. 

Nope. Its not at all the same engine.

I dont know what the sellers game is, but if hes giving the wrong details about that, then id be very careful about his honesty with the rest of the car.

Id also be curious as to why its missing an engine cover. Somebody been messing with it? I may be wrong, but im sure it should hsve a cover. Mine has.

Also, is it the prefacelift? Because a few things look in a different placw than on mine. So makes me think its the pq24 platform prefacelift

a lot of things could depend on which plant the car was built at and for which market. Can you post the first six numbers and letters from the VIN. This should narrow down where it was assembled.

There wasnt actually a fabia with 90bhp was there? Before the facelift or after.

Before they had the 1.2 6v and 12v and a 1.4 which was 80bhp i think? Cant remember any more

The diesel was a 1.9 pd 105bhp, which is a 1.6 cr common rail 105bhp after facelift.

I really cant understand where hes got those numbers from

The engine shown is the base 60ps 1.2 htp 3 cylinder engine 6 valve version (pre facelift) i. e. the lowest powered engine found in the base model.

It is NOT a 1.2 tsi 90ps engine.

Edited by xman
  • Like 1

I merely meant the cylinder head cover on photo.

The photo is what mine looks like. (Note different location of windscreen washer fluid, so this is a facelift).

It might not look like much, but enough to make me cautious. (if it is supposed to be there and is missing). Id be very surprised if a professional garage was to lose such a thing. Standard if work during servicing etc would be in my mind.

I am aware theyre slightly different as mines 12v and thats a 6v. Thus having a smaller top end, but still.

However i am quite picky and like everything perfect hahapost-109845-0-57689500-1389914764_thumb.jpg

Edited by Otaylor38

That cover is only for the 12 valve variants (dohc), needed as the plugs/pencil coils are located in the centre of the head down long tubes in the rocker cover. These presumably could fill with water.

The old 6 valve (sohc) version didn't require it as the plugs are forward of the head. From 2010 the 6 valver was dropped and replaced with a detuned version of the 12 valve.