Need to sell Felicia, what do you think it's worth?

Hi Everybody

Now updated with more photos of car. Exterior, Interior, Boot, Engine bay and corrosion on wheel arches. (25/01/2014) Follow the Photobucket Link for all Photos

Plans have changed at home and we need to move our Skoda Felicia on.

Before I post up in the FOR SALE area I just want some help deciding what I should ask for it.

We have a Skoda Felicia 1.3mpi Popular in White.

Very basic model a W reg 2000 with 56,861 miles on the clock.

No PAS, No C/Locking, No Electric Windows or E/Mirrors, as I say BASIC.

We have had the front Windscreen Rubber Seal replaced as we had water in the front footwell.

It has fairly newish tyres.

I have taken photos of the worst bits of the bodywork scabs but there doesn't seem to be any serious issues with it, rust wise. These bodywork issues can be seen here if needed:

http://s149.photobucket.com/user/vwroadster/library/For%20Sale/2000%20W%20Skoda%20Felicia%20Jan2014%20FOR%20SALE?sort=2&page=1

I have not yet taken full car photos these will have to wait till it stops raining, that may take a while.

Also if the link doesn't work please let me know.

I think we bought it around 2007 with 46,000 ish miles on the clock. It was/is my wife's car and she didn't do more that 2/3000 miles a year. I can check more specific details out later, most of this info is from memory.

We have had it SORN for the last 18 months, so NO Tax or MOT.

We can get it MOT'ed if someone thinks it's worth doing.

What do you think our Felicia is worth?

Your help, guidance and comments would be greatly appreciated. I would prefer it to go to a Skoda enthusiast rather than Joe Public.

Cheers Pete.

P1020551_zps771b7024.jpg

Front and Rear Wipers Removed and stored in Boot

P1020550_zps9cdc9554.jpg

Original Skoda Radio/Cassette

P1020548_zps0db6709f.jpg

Hi Everybody

What do you think our Felicia is worth?

Plans have changed at home and we need to move our Skoda Felicia on.

Before I post up in the FOR SALE area I just want some help deciding what I should ask for it.

Before you post in the for sale section, you'll need to pay for Freedom membership. Also, 'what's it worth' topics are generally frowned upon and liable to be deleted.

• Like 1

Before I post up in the FOR SALE area

You haven't already tried posting in there and found you couldn't post because you weren't a paid up freedom member?  ;)

24 hours notice then this thread goes I am afraid

https://www.briskoda.net/shop/index.php?route=product/category&path=59

• Like 1

Thanks Tom, always nice to be given an update or extra info.

Just to add to the topic, cause we have had the car SORN, so it has no tax or mot, it would be helpful to know if it's worth getting an mot and tax? As the car is 14 years old that begs the question: is it worth it?

Hence my question about what the car is worth. I don't want to spend more to get it roadworthy than what I can sell it for.

So my next question is:

How do we find out the info I have originally posted if this kind of topic/posting is frowned upon, I have reread my original posting and cannot see any major problem with the questions I have asked. Maybe I was too direct with asking what it's worth.

Hopefully some positive comments/hints will be forth coming.

Thanks once again, Pete

Edited by vwroadster

Without an mot it's only scrap value sadly, or £100 tops..

with an mot, it's worth more, and it will appeal to a wider audience.. however these aren't big sellers and often they don't even sell on ebay even for peanuts, it is is fairly good nick howeverm the bodywork looks pretty clean for it's age.

• Like 1

So sad to hear that Mike, especially if it's a roadworthy car. Such cheap motoring.

I would hate to see this Felicia Scrapped, it's rarely let us down. Only 3 things come to mind that stopped the wife driving it.

1. The battery failed. (Replaced with a new one)

2. The Accelerator Cable snapped at the pedal end (again a new cable)

3. She dropped her ignition key. On hitting the floor it popped open and the transponder? fell out. That took me a good hour on my hands and knees searching the tarmac for what looked like a piece of tarmac. It ended in success though and we ended up getting another key cut and programmed just in case it happened again, cause we didn't have a spare.

The only reason we got the wife another car was that she always wanted a T*Y*T@ Y@R!S.

To top it all this one has PAS, mmmmmmm lovely.

The teenager is adamant that he doesn't want a Skoda Felicia to drive round in. Shame he can't see how versatile it is with 5 doors and a big boot with the rear seats down for his BMX and Mountain Bike.

Kids today, who'd have em.

• Like 1

It seems like they're rock bottom at the minute. I bought a really nice 1.6 estate that still had a good amount of test on, half a tank of juice, and nothing really wrong with it off ebay for £160 before Christmas. 

I only really bought it for the engine and gearbox, and felt really guilty about breaking it up and scrapping the left overs as it was such a usable car. 

• Like 1

You won't get much for it. It's an L with no PAS - that's the killer. Its also criminally slow! 

For that reason alone I have decided to keep ours as long as possible because I know it won't go to a good home should I sell it on. 

Is there no way you can keep it?

This model although basic does have a rev counter (from my photos), 7000rpm Mmmmmmm don't think so.

P1020537_zps4877b353.jpg

Would love my son to use it but as I said he's got other ideas what a poor teenager (19) should drive and lowly Felicia’s don't come into the mix. As I said it’s in better condition than a lot of others I see on the road, with minimal work to keep the dreaded rust at bay (if you’ve looked at the photobucket links:)

http://s149.photobucket.com/user/vwroadster/library/For%20Sale/2000%20W%20Skoda%20Felicia%20Jan2014%20FOR%20SALE?sort=2&page=1

Still waiting for a dry weekend (hopefully this Saturday) to take some decent photos of the whole car and not just the bad bits as shown in the link.

We took it to Cornwall from Bristol with a roofbox on and it drove nicely on the motorway at 65/70 with loads of luggage and four onboard. It may be slow but everything is slow when (to quote Jon Dimond) I 'drive it like my nan'. It was good on fuel economy too.

Its also criminally slow! 

Not according to my stepson....He has a low mileage  "L" and is very pleased with its performance. My wife and I drove his up to Kingussie and I can't say I noticed the lower output or economy gearing on the motorway. And its better on fuel than the other petrols.

Agreed the lack of PAS is a culture shock when parking, but fine on the move.  

Would love my son to use it but as I said he's got other ideas what a poor teenager (19) should drive and lowly Felicia’s don't come into the mix. 

That's a real shame as other than not being the lowest insurance group they are ideal for impecunious offspring.

You could try pushing the fantastic rally pedigree and potential to easily fit a VW 16V when funds and insurance allow? 

My lads took some convincing.....I think the fact that they get more or less free servicing and minor repairs as long as they run Felicias swung it in the end.

• Like 1

The teenager is adamant that he doesn't want a Skoda Felicia to drive round in. Shame he can't see how versatile it is with 5 doors and a big boot with the rear seats down for his BMX and Mountain Bike.

Kids today, who'd have em.

Dump it under a tree and inform him "You have a crash, you're driving that". Safe motoring ensured!

Mine's getting taken away tomorrow to the Great Car Park in the Sky. I won't be there to see it go. I left the key and V5 in the glovebox, gave her a hug, a big hug, then walked away with a tear in my eye. Never thought I'd say that about a big lump of steel. But 16 years is a long time.

• Like 3

Hi Mike, it's stupid how we can become so attached to something that at the end of the day is as you say 'a big lump of steel'. So Mike what are you replacing it with or is it tooooooooo sooooon to talk about it?

I know just how you feel. I once owned a Red, mark 2, Renault 5 Turbo, phase 1, 1986, D reg. Got it with 7,000 miles and sold it when I had done over 100,000 in it. What a fantastic A to B car, just loved driving it, completely standard, no silly mods as they did at the time to these cars. It was just mental for it's time. When I sold it and watched it drive off the estate, my wife called me inside and told me to stop being stupid and sentimental.

Suppose that's how I feel about this car, it's in such good condition for a Felicia, low miles and has been pretty reliable.

We shall have to set up a thread for owners of past departed cars that are so fondly remembered. Na I think I'm just being stupid.

I am attached to my slxi conversion and the air con in it. Got a fun and still got slxi only thing now is is worth scrap value as I stoll the air con back out off it big hole in bulkhead so I killed that shame tho as its rust free...