VRS going back to dealers for warranty repairs tomorrow 21/1/14

Just thought i would let you all know that my car is going to the dealers tomorrow for the following issues:

Minor issues:

Front passenger door sticks slightly at random times?

One of the LEDs on the rotary switch for the fan strength doesn't illuminate which is random

Head light washer covers don't fully retract after use (very common issue).

Main issue:

When in eco mode if i lift off the accelerator the revs drop to 10 rpm which i assume is normal to save fuel etc. The problem 

is when i press the accelerator again the revs jump between 10 - 15 and for about 3 seconds it gives no power and then i get a plume of smoke out of the exhaust and the power kicks back in. It does this speradically so not sure what the issue is with this but if i take it out of eco mode it is absolutely fine.

Just wondered if anyone else has had any of the same issues? I will also let you know what the dealers say and how they sort the issues out.

Picked the car up on the 20/11/13 and has done 1200 miles

VRS TDI Estate in white, auto DSG with various extras.

The fan speed LEDs maybe isn't a fault, the LED that isn't lit is the speed the fan would be at if you selected AUTO again. If you turn the fan speed manually to that speed does it automatically engage AUTO again?

Thanks for the reply andyvee,

When i change the speed manually to any speed at no point does auto engage so not sure what is going on here?. Maybe i am doing something wrong then but hopefully the dealer will tell me either way tomorrow :o)

Like Andy says the fan speed lights are normal, they all do it.

As for the main problem that also seems to be a common thing on here with the DSG and isn't really a fault, just how it works...... ie not very well.....

Here - http://www.briskoda.net/forums/topic/296172-octy-3-vrs-owners-can-you-try-somethinghelp-eco-mode/?hl=%2Brevs+%2Bdsg#entry3521921

But only on vRS models, on my Elegance with DSG the coasting works as designed.

Sent from my phone so please excuse brevity and spelling

Yes sorry, I should have put only vRS' are affected.

The fan speed LEDs maybe isn't a fault, the LED that isn't lit is the speed the fan would be at if you selected AUTO again. If you turn the fan speed manually to that speed does it automatically engage AUTO again?

Im at a loss as to what this 'Auto' is.

Anyway, I think i may have the same problem as the OP. If the fan speed knob is turned to setting 3, then no lights show. All other settings work correctly. So:

Speed 1- 1 light

Speed 2- 2 lights

Speed 3- No lights

Speed 4- 4 lights, etc etc.

This seems to happen every time as well.

It seems a very odd fault. If it is a fault. Ive not worried about it though

Just thought i would let you all know that my car is going to the dealers tomorrow for the following issues:

Minor issues:

Front passenger door sticks slightly at random times?

Head light washer covers don't fully retract after use (very common issue).

As for the other 2 minor issues. Think i may have the same thing with the door. I just put it down to the cold weather.

Washer covers- Seems to be common, but amazingly mine are perfect. Well, either that or they dont work at all :think:

feel a bit stupid taking it into the dealer now ha.

Do you think i should just leave it booked in and see what they say or cancel it in the morning?. Coasting on the VRS is awful then if its not a fault, glad it only does it in Eco though.

id still take it in. im logging the eco coasting as a fault when mine goes in for a new sterring wheel button if it ever arrives.  the more people that log it the more skoda will take notice.

Take it in abd get them to look at the washer covers. Its a known problem, but one that doesnt need to happen.

Is your LED problem the same as i describe? Im not sure if its a fault or not.

The DSG problem when in ECO mode is a known flaw. Just dont drive it in Eco. In normal or Sport you dont get the problem.

Take it in abd get them to look at the washer covers. Its a known problem, but one that doesnt need to happen.

Is your LED problem the same as i describe? Im not sure if its a fault or not.

The DSG problem when in ECO mode is a known flaw. Just dont drive it in Eco. In normal or Sport you dont get the problem.

Yes it does do this but if i knock all of the airflow option off and just have it blowing on the windscreen with the A/C on then all of the LEDs work on every level. If its in the design then i don't really understand the reasoning behind it lol.

As for the Eco mode i stopped using this a few weeks back but will be interesting to see how Skoda explain it tomorrow if its designed that way .

Yes it does do this but if i knock all of the airflow option off and just have it blowing on the windscreen with the A/C on then all of the LEDs work on every level. If its in the design then i don't really understand the reasoning behind it lol.

As for the Eco mode i stopped using this a few weeks back but will be interesting to see how Skoda explain it tomorrow if its designed that way .

If you press the 'Max' windscreen button, then you will get all the LEDs on, as it uses full fan speed. The only time my LEDs dont work, is if i have it on speed setting 3. Very odd.

The DSG problem really is daft, and quite dangerous. Its not a case of it being designed like that. Its just a case that it doesnt work correctly. I think its meant to kick back into gear when you put your foot down on the accelerator, but for some reason it doesnt (unless you boot it). It is a massive fault, and one which I believe is found on all vRS DSGs. Or so i can make out. Others seem to have just overcome it by not using Eco mode, but it problably is about time that Skoda were warned that the Eco mode is not working correctly.

If you press the 'Max' windscreen button, then you will get all the LEDs on, as it uses full fan speed. The only time my LEDs dont work, is if i have it on speed setting 3. Very odd.

Yes when i press the "max" windscreen button it kicks in at full speed but if i then turn it down to any level then all the LEDs work as they should do. lol very very odd.

You guys sure its not got something to do with the climate control?  i remember reading that if you manually adjust the air flow, the LED will go out when its at the same level the car's climate control wants to set it to? of course i could well of made all that up, and just ignore me :)

• Like 1

You guys sure its not got something to do with the climate control?  i remember reading that if you manually adjust the air flow, the LED will go out when its at the same level the car's climate control wants to set it to? of course i could well of made all that up, and just ignore me :)

That's exactly what happens and how it's meant to work.  If you select the same fan speed the car would choose in Auto then it switches to Auto and the fan speed lights go out.  Honestly I've no idea why anyone would switch it out of Auto it works that well.

As I said about 6 posts ago. If you have climate why are you adjusting the fan speed manually anyway? You can always go into the climate control settings and adjust the fan level there if you feel you need it to provide more.

Sent from my phone so please excuse brevity and spelling

Re freewheeling in Eco mode the gear is re engaged by briefly pressing the brake pedal or pulling the left paddle on the steering wheel, according to the manual.

I obviously dont know how to use climate control very well.

I adjust the temperatures using the outside knobs, then adjust fan speed using centre knob. Im assuming once ive set the temperatures, i should leave the centre knob alone?