Build week 4 confirmed

Skoda UK confirmed this morning that my car is being built this week and should be with the dealer by mid Feb. Ordered first week in October, with the following spec:

Candy White vrs diesel estate manual

Columbus nav

Winter pack

Not sure whether to wait for 14 plate or take the car when it arrives....not sure I could wait knowing it's been delivered!

Any other members of the Build Week 4 club?!

Guest Cossiecol

Yup I'm the same!

Asked the dealer to keep it until March to get it on a 14 plate, it's only 2 weeks to wait, I wouldn't want to get a 63 plate then the 14 plate comes out soon after.

However it's a personal thing, and I'm itching to get it ASAP!

Yup I'm the same!

Asked the dealer to keep it until March to get it on a 14 plate, it's only 2 weeks to wait, I wouldn't want to get a 63 plate then the 14 plate comes out soon after.

However it's a personal thing, and I'm itching to get it ASAP!

what he said ^

BW4 following a 14th October order date. SUK just confirmed on the phone this is still the case and delivery to my dealer mid to late Feb so hopefully they'll play ball and accommodate a '14' plate. Black vRS estate tdi - sunset, cruise, winter pack and canton. Oh, and dog guard. Am remaining very calm about the whole thing... :rofl:

I would wait the additional one or two weeks for the 14 plate. This way you'll have 6 months driving a "new car" rather than 2 weeks max. Also, future resale values will be at least several hundred pounds higher than a 63 plate.

I would wait the additional one or two weeks for the 14 plate. This way you'll have 6 months driving a "new car" rather than 2 weeks max. Also, future resale values will be at least several hundred pounds higher than a 63 plate.

Yup, that's certainly my intention for all the reasons you give. On the back of the order form it states the vehicle must be collected within 7 days of notification of delivery date but I can't believe they'd be that picky. Have emailed my reasonable request to them this morning for a '14' which will no doubt end up with me ringing them as they're not to hot in the replying-to-emails department :wall:

Well my car was confirmed bw4 and now it's confirmed on the way to Germany to the port (I assume that's emden) so gonna be at the dealers for mid-late feb, for me to pick up on 1st march! Going to get it detailed by pw pro next to the dealers in Nottingham, anyone know if they're any good? It's a vrs hatch tsi manual in blue with a few extras. Hope it warms up by march...????

Well my car was confirmed bw4 and now it's confirmed on the way to Germany to the port (I assume that's emden) so gonna be at the dealers for mid-late feb, for me to pick up on 1st march! Going to get it detailed by pw pro next to the dealers in Nottingham, anyone know if they're any good? It's a vrs hatch tsi manual in blue with a few extras. Hope it warms up by march...????

N. Wales, blimey! I have a sneaky suspicion I know the dealer (Nottm or Mansfield?), can I ask why you purchased from there? Will find out if anyone round here knows anything of pw pro... OK, am intrigued so just looked at their website (just to find out wtf 'detailing' is!), would you recommend that rather than the likes of diamondbrite and other new car paint protection? Sorry for all the Q's :bandit:

I got the car from rainworth skoda in nottingham cos it was so damn cheap! got just over 14% off, paying cash. I have read on this forum about the 'paint protection' provided by the dealers and how inconsistent it can be so decided to go with a professional and as pw pro are literally down the road from the dealer and they seem to have a very good reputation for doing a good job, I thought I'd rather pay them £250 to do it properly. I know very little about the quality of cleaning products used but I am aware that paint prep is important and have heard that swissvax are pretty good. This will be my first new car I've ever had, so thought it worth getting it detailed as best as possible to protect the paint, plus rainworth skoda don't have any problem with pw pro either borrowing the car for a day to clean it, or for them to go to the showroom to clean it there...

I'm in the "wait until March" club too. Spoke to the dealer on the phone, who said he felt it would be "unethical" to make a customer take delivery just before the start of the new reg. Fair enough, I thought.

• Like 2

Same as me, mine is BW4 as well, yet not taking it tip March 1st, dealer told me he wouldn't let me have it tip then anyway, as he said to me that when it come snack to him at the end of the PCP it will be better financially for me as well as him then!  Probably more like him!  However, I requested too delay the collection until then anyway.

Also, this is what frustrates me with Skoda (and presume other manufacturers as well) is they specify you have to take it within X amount of days, yet they quote you a certain amount of time at order but its alright for them to make you wait an additional 8 weeks so in my mind its fine for them to wait an extra week or so for them to get there money!

Besides if you are 'holiday' then there isn't much they can make you do is there!

I got the car from rainworth skoda in nottingham cos it was so damn cheap! got just over 14% off, paying cash. I have read on this forum about the 'paint protection' provided by the dealers and how inconsistent it can be so decided to go with a professional and as pw pro are literally down the road from the dealer and they seem to have a very good reputation for doing a good job, I thought I'd rather pay them £250 to do it properly. I know very little about the quality of cleaning products used but I am aware that paint prep is important and have heard that swissvax are pretty good. This will be my first new car I've ever had, so thought it worth getting it detailed as best as possible to protect the paint, plus rainworth skoda don't have any problem with pw pro either borrowing the car for a day to clean it, or for them to go to the showroom to clean it there...

NIce deal, the chap there I initially spoke to was very helpful. Have emailed pw pro for info and a quote. Hopefully my dealer will also be as accommodating :wonder:

Aye, I've been dealing with Steve Cantrell and he's decent although appears to be a very busy man! Anyway, can't wait, can't wait, can't wait its gonna be awesome

P.s. I'm no longer in wales having moved to liverpool buy my folks still have a house near porthmadog... :happy:

WHereabouts near port are you from,im originally from blaenau ffestiniog,until my move to morecambe 20yrs ago

Does anyone have any positive feedback on dealer preparation / pre-collection treatment etc or is a detailer truly the best way to go with a new car?

Mines sat at Emden having been built on the 16th. Taking bets on week1/2/3? Have said if it's 2 or 3 I'll be waiting. 1st is harder to argue I guess..

Edited by jtypecav

WHereabouts near port are you from,im originally from blaenau ffestiniog,until my move to morecambe 20yrs ago

I'm actually from liverpool but moved to wales for a couple of years for work (I'm a pharmacist), but my ma and pa live in wales about a mile away from the oakley arms near maentwrog, (its the house below the road on the left on the way to porthmadog next to the river). So if you happen to be driving past anytime after march 1st you might see a shiny blue vrs parked in the drive...

Had confirmation today my Vrs Hatchback is being built next week, Candy White, Black Pack ,Kessy. Heated Seats, Canton Sound, Colour Maxi Dot & Spare Wheel.Seems an eternity since I ordered it October 3rd.

Roll on March 1st

I'm actually from liverpool but moved to wales for a couple of years for work (I'm a pharmacist), but my ma and pa live in wales about a mile away from the oakley arms near maentwrog, (its the house below the road on the left on the way to porthmadog next to the river). So if you happen to be driving past anytime after march 1st you might see a shiny blue vrs parked in the drive...

I know it, il park my shiny green vrs estate next to it,good luck with your new car

My 2.0 TDi Elegance estate was built early part of this week and is now in transit. Dealer reckons approx 3/4 weeks before it will be ready to collect. Have said I'd still like it on a 14 plate but if its ready to collect late part of Feb not sure that'll happen....anyway 14 plate will be old in several months time anyway.

Ok well my car has arrived at the port and is now awaiting a ship. Should take 14days to get to the dealer so it's gonna be in their car park for a while if I don't pick it up till march!