Diesel Vrs mpg and miles to tank.

Just wondered what diesel vrs owners are getting mpg wise (with what type of roads) and how many miles it is resulting in per tank.

Also is the figure increase as the total mileage is or is it fairly good out of the box so to speak?

Thanks

Tank to tank (not trip computer) between 42 and 48.

Long run on motorways 48.

Blasting about in short runs 42.

Miles per tank is about 400ish before the fuel light comes on although I don't usually let it go below 1/2.

That's with almost exclusively v power diesel from shell or bp ultimate.

Tdi vrs estate manual.

The computer says a range of 420 miles when full.  In reality I let it get to around 380 which is when the fuel light comes on. 

I usually have a slow 13 mile commute in heavy traffic there and a return journey at a fairly steady 50 on a motorway through temporary speed limits.  On the motorway run home, I get around 50 mpg, in traffic there I get around 30 - 35.    Average overall mpg to date is 42.  This includes a mix of long and short, slow and fast (ish) journeys. 

I like everything else about the car but I find the fuel consumption way off the mark and I'm a little dissapointed with it at the moment.  Not quite done 1000 miles yet so hopefully this will improve.

First few tanks were 400-420 miles running in ECO mode (VRS diesel manual) with mixed driving. Getting better with each tank.

Most recent tank is aiming for 520 miles (done 356 miles with a third of a tank left) but that was exclusively motorway work.

Petrol used was a mix of Morrisons / Tesco / Shell.

Well my daily commute is around 30 miles each way. About 15 miles on the motorway, 10 on A roads and 5 in towns.

If I am in a very relaxed driving mode and have the car in eco, I can hit 51 mpg on the way to work and 56 mpg on the way home (more downhill)

If I have it in sport and put my foot down its more like 44-46mpg on the way there and 48-49 mpg on the way home.

I would say on average Im just over 50mpg. Very short town trips vary wildly depending on where I go and how I drive but I dont do them very often so havent really included them in this.

I generally get between 445 and 460 miles before the 'fill up' sign comes on which also says there is 50 miles remaining in the tank. I havent done a long run yet, probably the longest I've done is about 65 miles (and then back again) this was mostly driving gently. 

My diesel has been almost exclusively Shell with one tank fill up at BP. I have done over 4000 miles now and IMO the efficiency has improved over this time. 

Well I suppose my commute is about 10 or 12 miles each way. Sometimes clear but very twisty and hilly roads with a few towns and few 40mph zones and about 1 miles of motorway - uphill!

I have seen 50 plus taking it easy and not thinking about it but more often than not it's a late finish so foot down on the way home and getting last a few tourist going "ooooh look at the view" - yeah that's what the layby is for!

Anyway, tank rough 420 ish. Long term average over 3500 miles is 46.9 according to the car. My calculations aren't far off that.

I'm still a bit disappointed on the mpg. Especially on longer runs but everywhere here seems to be up hill!

Still, it's better than my last car (also a diesel) that managed 33mpg a average.

Maybe I need new shoes??

I know mine isn't a vrs, but I get about 520miles to a tank on my motorway commute to work.

Works out about 50mpg average.

I'm wondering why an extra 30bhp is getting everyone else way less mpg!

As both myself and sniperpenguin both get similar miles out of a tank, my guess is it depends very much on driving style. 

I know mine isn't a vrs, but I get about 520miles to a tank on my motorway commute to work.

Works out about 50mpg average.

I'm wondering why an extra 30bhp is getting everyone else way less mpg!

The vRS is also heavier than the normal models.

Interesting results.

Does the car take a while to warm up at this time of year?

I'm wondering if more miles and warmer weather may improve some what the cars economy.

That being said I bought the car for its power as much as it's economy

Heres the data of my car over 4000miles. Mixed driving town and country road journery to and from work which i average about 42mpg to and from work:

Posted Image

It estimates over time i average 458 per tank however the tank is rather small.

Rob

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• Like 1

Getting ~400 miles to a tank at the moment (2600 miles done - in a month :P), predominantly in Sport, with a splash of Eco. 13 miles each way to work (41MPG ish), with some longer runs at weekends (seeing 55MPGish on Mway journeys) 

Heres the data of my car over 4000miles. Mixed driving town and country road journery to and from work which i average about 42mpg to and from work:

pu2ujuna.jpg

It estimates over time i average 458 per tank however the tank is rather small.

Rob

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Ooh what app is that please?

I managed 52 at an average speed of 62mph on a run from Hampshire to Staffordshire last week and my daily commute is high 40's (20 miles each way mostly motorway).

I've put over 2k on mine in a month and climbing steadily.

Mine is a very new (tight engine) and a DSG

Whizzing around locally, I get about 38-40

On my 33 mile each way commute on mainly fast A roads and the M25 I get at best about 46-48

It's quite a bit less than my Scirocco Tdi 170 DSG which regularly gave me 55 or more.

Daft question alert... Can Skoda not issue some kind of remap instruction to improve economy? It's not the end of the world for me but I did expect better....

As both myself and sniperpenguin both get similar miles out of a tank, my guess is it depends very much on driving style.

I must drive like miss daisy... My partner still tells me I drive too fast!

And the hire car gets a total of 40mpg, lol

I must drive like miss daisy... My partner still tells me I drive too fast!

And the hire car gets a total of 40mpg, lol

Ahh I see the problem here. You need to replace the partner ;) lol that should sort it. Might not help your mpg tho lol

• Like 1

Ahh I see the problem here. You need to replace the partner ;) lol that should sort it. Might not help your mpg tho lol

My last car was a fire spitting 220hp v6 and little in the way of silencers.... She didn't complain when she was in labour and that was going flat out, nor when she ended up in a&e with serious burns a few months ago!

Women eh, who'd have them...

• Like 1

My last car was a fire spitting 220hp v6 and little in the way of silencers.... She didn't complain when she was in labour and that was going flat out, nor when she ended up in a&e with serious burns a few months ago!

Women eh, who'd have them...

Me, me, me, me, me!

Well personally not me lol ......

You ruined it.

However on the subject of MPG, at least it's better than the 10-20mpg I got on the old car.

God I miss that noise though, growing up sucks and is boring.

However... I've managed to keep it on the drive still.

• Like 1