Columbus & the latest firmware

This has probably been asked before but here goes. I've recently become the proud owner of a 2010 Skoda Octavia L&K Estate with a Columbus sat nav unit. I managed to get the unit out and the details on the back are as follows

3T0 035 680A

HW H41

SW 2724

I've bought a Skoda 2013-2014 RNS510/810 V10 W Europe map update disk but I assume I have to install firmware to enable the disk to be loaded. Am I correct in thinking that I can install firmware 4020 and if so where can I download it from as I've tried links on the RNS510 site but none seem to work?

Thanks for any suggestions/help etc

Yes to 4020 and, give me a whe to try it, probably 4120.

You will need to reinstall maps & music as three partitions will be created.

Try VW Navi or GPS Underground for an unmodified version.

Thanks KBPhoto. I've tried both those sites and always end up on a blank Rapidshare page. If I can't download the 4020 firmware can I get it done by a Skoda or VW dealer?

That link is working and I'm downloading the 4020 firmware now. I think I have to burn that to a CD or DVD then install, is that correct? Anything to watch out for, I'm quite computer savvy?

Isn't the 4020 is modified for older units? You should probably use the 4120 option. When burning, make sure you create a disc from the image rather than simply copying the image to the disc.

Downloaded firmware 4120 and burned to CD. I have the following directories on it. APPs,HDD,HOST,INFO,MPEG,RADIO,SPEECH,SWL,VUCI,WA and files, BLSCRIPT.CG,CR16,DIR,ECUORDER and VERSION. I assume it's now a matter of key in ignition, do not start and switch on Columbus, then insert CD. Please correct me if I'm wrong as I don't want to screw up the unit!

Many thanks for all help and suggestions as I don't think Skoda Inverness will have a clue!

KBPhoto and adamal, Thanks again for all the help and guidance, Firmware 4120 installed, no problems and working fine. See what's meant by noises during install!Maps V10 installed as far as I know as there aren't any indications on screen that they have been installed apart from if you try to remove DVD whilst it's installing then it flashes up a warning that install hasn't completed.

Just as I thought, Skoda Inverness haven't got a clue about the procedure, even asked me what Firmware was! They charge £192 for the map DVD but they are obviously available on the net for far less.

• Like 1

Hello, please what the latest firmware upgrade to RNS510 model 1T0 035 680 B, H04, 0900 in Octavia II pre FL (MR06) with multifunction steering wheel and maxi dot?

You should update to the modified 4020 as per the www.rnsfirmware.com link. Please note you will need to install a map disc - at least v7.2 to get the full functionality.

Adam

KBPhoto and adamal, Thanks again for all the help and guidance, Firmware 4120 installed, no problems and working fine. See what's meant by noises during install!Maps V10 installed as far as I know as there aren't any indications on screen that they have been installed apart from if you try to remove DVD whilst it's installing then it flashes up a warning that install hasn't completed.

Good result, no problem. If you are unsure if the maps are in place, press and hold setup for the version information and look for the map version. It should be 8048.

• 4 months later...

I'm now running 4120 without issue and with radio text.

Wiped the maps & music which surprised me as I already had three partitions. Oh well!

Seems slightly more responsive and the compass is different: better IMO and I use compasses for navigation quite a bit.

I'll post pictures later.