Got my new meteor grey VRS today.

I'm another one who really doesn't like shiny primer, but then it's not parked on my drive. If the OP is pleased with his car then that's all that matters, but there are probably better ways to comment on it than some we've seen here.

I'm sure plenty of people aren't going to be all that impressed with the Topaz Brown that I've chosen :D

Are you suggesting Dr that you might have made colour choice error already or are you just giving us plenty of time to think up our responses to your post titled "Topaz Brown, the new Race Blue?" when you get your new car?  :rofl:

• Like 3

Are you suggesting Dr that you might have made colour choice error already or are you just giving us plenty of time to think up our responses to your post titled "Topaz Brown, the new Race Blue?" when you get your new car?  :rofl:

No, I'm very optimistic that my "Shiny Turd Brown with beige interior" car will look lovely, I just know it won't be to everyone's liking.

Had I gone for a VRS I think I'd have chosen Mekon Green. Or Blue, or anything other than Shiny Primer. :D

"your entitled to your opinion like everyone else."

Exactly !

I think your just upset because you have one on order and someone has dared to question your choice. No need, you like it and that is all that matters.

Personally, I think the Race Blue is common because it is the best looking, I also like the metallic green but any car is spoiled by black wheels. In my opinion !

ETTO boys..........................

I partially agree with Bernie, I dont like black wheels on cars either, but completely disagree with bernie at the same time as I love the Meteor Grey (Yes I ordered one!) and I absolutely positively would NEVER have a blue car, especcially a Blue VRS (Apologies to those that ordered one), same goes with Golf GTI's in Red.....meh you could not be bothered to choose your own colour....instead you were a sheep................................. :rofl:  :rofl:  :rofl:

Edited by tamkyo101

I'm another one who really doesn't like shiny primer, but then it's not parked on my drive. If the OP is pleased with his car then that's all that matters, but there are probably better ways to comment on it than some we've seen here.

I'm sure plenty of people aren't going to be all that impressed with the Topaz Brown that I've chosen :D

topaz brown and meteor grey are excellent colour choices,you are probably pioneers of colour schemes of the future,i got a lot of p155taking when I got my mk1fab vrs in lemon yellow,shame that got toned down to the present shade,iv gone for rally green again,shame i didnt see meteor grey on an octy before settling for green,i made the choice after seen a fabia,think the octy looks better in it

topaz brown and meteor grey are excellent colour choices,you are probably pioneers of colour schemes of the future,i got a lot of p155taking when I got my mk1fab vrs in lemon yellow,shame that got toned down to the present shade,iv gone for rally green again,shame i didnt see meteor grey on an octy before settling for green,i made the choice after seen a fabia,think the octy looks better in it

I don't think there was ever an excuse for lemon yellow. When I saw Fabias in that colour, I always assumed that the owner had won the car in some kind of lottery. ;)

As for the OPs colour choice. Grey wouldnt be for me but the combination with the black wheels just works. Brave choice that paid off.

Bernie dares to express an opinion and gets flamed for it. He doesn't like the colour combo and said as much. Can't see anything wrong with that. It's a different colour (as mine is) and can see his point of view. Nothing wrong with having an opinion that isn't one of the masses. Did someone mention sheep earlier....?

• Like 1

I don't think there was ever an excuse for lemon yellow. When I saw Fabias in that colour, I always assumed that the owner had won the car in some kind of lottery. ;)

plus side i could see it stick out in a car park. negative side. as it was the only  one in the area i couldnt blend into the background when i needed to, :happy:

I have to say that I personally wouldn't have ordered Meteor grey, having gone for common :) race blue, I think the car looks really good with the black wheels, roof & black pack.

So congrats on your new car and enjoy driving it.

• Like 1

That looks boss.  Very tempted.  I should really keep the current car for another year... but... my office moves location in April, much nearer to home, so I won't need a diesel and a new petrol may start calling me

I really like the Meteor Grey.  I love Race Blue, my last car always got people looking, but since Skoda allowed every Tom, **** and Elegance to wear the colour it's lost it's exclusivity imo.

• Like 2

Love the car!  I love the Meteor Grey and the black combo looks ace :-)

I was really torn by the meteor grey when I ordered my car but went for white instead, seeing pics like this makes me wish I had gone grey as I have always liked grey cars!

Enjoy! :-)

My choices have certainly polarised opinion lol. Roof wrap was done by the dealers. It's a cracking car - if you have one on order you'll not be disappointed :-) O and Bernie, I have no problem with your comments, so long as you're not just capable of making them hiding behind your keyboard - I hope you'd be as forthcoming face to face with a stranger in a carpark?

• Like 2

Nice car. For me Meteor Grey still divides opinion; certainly dont dislike it but not sure Id choose it for my own car. The Pictoris wheels look loads better painted black and they should offer that as a factory option. Not sure about the roof wrap, i like OEM look and only way to really achieve that on one of these is to go for the sunroof; wouldnt pay 900 quid for one mind.

Edited by pipsyp

that looks lovely

i photoshopped some black wheels on to a meteor wagon a few months ago as i think this is the best combination for a mk3 - it'll prob be my next car when i can from my current mk2.

agree with rob above - would look even better if it sat a little lower ;-)