vRS Combi and BBS CS-5 combo

Hello Gents

I am just about to order a new set of wheels (or rims, however you call them) for my mk3 vRS. However, just before I finish my order, I need you guys to confirm me weather the wheels will fit. I've tried contacting BBS directly, and officially they still do not have a program for the new vRS.

I would prefer if I could use 105/50/17 winter tyres

Now, wheel size, according to the data that I have for mk3 vRS, is 17, 7,5J ET51, now the problem that I see is that CS-5 can not be bought in this dimension.

The closes I could see according to this 17, 7,5J ET46. Is that something that should worry me? Do I need some additional set to install them, ot there is no reason to worry at all?

These are the one I want.

CS5_BLACK.jpg

Thanks in advance for your help guys, much appreciated.

The J is fine, the 205 tire will fit fine. The ET46 means that the whole wheel+tire combo will sit 5 mm more to the outside of the fender. You should be fine.

Disclaimer: Don't sue me if you get into problems! :P

Have you looked for mk7 golf gti wheels as I believe they are exactly the same specs. BBS may have a better idea as the car had been out longer and possible have a few more sold than the vRS.

The J is fine, the 205 tire will fit fine. The ET46 means that the whole wheel+tire combo will sit 5 mm more to the outside of the fender. You should be fine.

Disclaimer: Don't sue me if you get into problems! :p

Good, just one question. Will I need aditional bolts/distancers/whatever to mount them, or they will fit fine as they are.

Have you looked for mk7 golf gti wheels as I believe they are exactly the same specs. BBS may have a better idea as the car had been out longer and possible have a few more sold than the vRS.

I did, and it is the same thing as for the Octavia on the oficial configurator. According to BBS configurator, it cand vit BBS SR (which I do not prefer) and the dimensions are 17 7,5J ET45. I really do not understand why CS5 are not on that list That is the reason I started this topic after all.

http://konfigurator.bbs.com/article/rims/car_selection/rim_selection/resetFilter/true/PKWIDCode/P00034130083393

as tudorm says, the differnt ET figure is a differnt offset.  those bbs have 5mm less offset than standard, so the centre line/the middle of the rim/half way between the 2 edges is only 46 mm further in than the mounting face (the bolts against the hub) instead of 51mm.  the effect is the bbs wheels will end up 5mm further outboard, or nearer the wheel arch.  I'd agree with tudor, can't see 5mm being a problem but there is a tiny chance the tyre will hit the arch.

I take it you've checked the bolt pcd (should be 112mm) and the centrebore (should be 57.1mm), in which case it should fit.

Other cars to check would be mk5, 6 or 7 golf gti or r32, and seat leon fr mk 2.

Good, just one question. Will I need aditional bolts/distancers/whatever to mount them, or they will fit fine as they are.

You will not need spacers or extended bolts. The only thing that will change is the offset, and this is measurement unit that dictates the distance that the surface circumference of the wheel sits away from hub. In others words how far the wheel 'sticks out'. You should also take into account if you are increasing the width of your tyres?

But there is loads of room to play with on the Octavia as it sits quite high... and the manufacturer wheels are a negative offset. 

I've always lowered my cars before fitting larger or different wheels as I think you achieve a better look and the majority of the time it can be done far cheaper...

Edited by SteveWCombivRS

You will not need spacers or extended bolts. The only thing that will change is the offset, and this is measurement unit that dictates the distance that the surface circumference of the wheel sits away from hub. In others words how far the wheel 'sticks out'. You should also take into account if you are increasing the width of your tyres?

But there is loads of room to play with on the Octavia as it sits quite high... and the manufacturer wheels are a negative offset. 

I've always lowered my cars before fitting larger or different wheels as I think you achieve a better look and the majority of the time it can be done far cheaper...

Thanks a lot guys, I really appreciate it. Regarding the tire width, for winter tires (these are winter rims), out of 225 45 17 (required offset ET49) and 205 50 17 (ET51) i will pick the latter ones.

Edited by B051LjKo

I got some Dezent wheels for my winter set with an ET of 48 and there's loads of room still. No chance the tire will hit the fender I think. My centre bore is 67.1 mm for those wheels and I just used plastic rings that have come with the wheels to get them to the required 57.1 mm.

As said, been done. Are these ET40? You're going to need tapered rather than radiused bolts and you might want to consider getting slightly (an extra couple of mm) longer bolts too.

8192052077_bb0a01c1d6_b.jpg

Skoda Octavia VRS by jonnyguitar, on Flickr

Thank a lot for this one, I really like them (but I will go for the Black ones).

I've just received and email from the supplier, stating the following.

7.5 x 17 CS029 5x112 ET46 central hole 57,  black polished, recommended tires 225/45 R17

Now when I click order, there is no way back (and these are 1000 Eur for a set of 4). So me being a panicky tire noob, I will ask you two more things.

1. 205/50/17 tires will normally fit those wheels as 225/45 R17 do

2. What is the exact type of bolts (tampered at which angle, how long in mm) I need to order, ad the suppliers has no official info on 5E Octavia RS

The wheels that come with the car are 18 inch Geminis (Anthracite) 225/40/R8 ET I do not know, but it would be nice if someone could write it. 

Unfortunately I can not check what is the standard bold delivered with Geminis, as I will be picking up the car from the dealer in 10 days, and before that I would like to order winter set (as they do not have them in stock)

Thanks again for the help guys

I bought the BBS SRs in the 18" size which made them 8J width rather than 7.5J and they still fit within the wheel arches fine and look and drive great so you won't have any issues with your proposed purchase

Sent from my Nexus 4 using Tapatalk

Where can you get 18" SRs from? I only found them up to 17" on UK sites.

Thank a lot for this one, I really like them (but I will go for the Black ones).

I've just received and email from the supplier, stating the following.

7.5 x 17 CS029 5x112 ET46 central hole 57,  black polished, recommended tires 225/45 R17

1. 205/50/17 tires will normally fit those wheels as 225/45 R17 do

2. What is the exact type of bolts (tampered at which angle, how long in mm) I need to order, ad the suppliers has no official info on 5E Octavia RS

Why do you want 205/5017 tyres? Why not use the 225/45/17 as per the recommendation?

Just look for tapered alloy wheel bolts, measure the length of the bolts you've got and get the same length (or add 2mm if they look like the might be a little short). You'll want M14 x 1.5 x length (29/30mm?).

I'm sure the 18" CS5s have a lower offset than ET46.

I was going down the rotiform route, but have decided to go for the skoda 19"s instead ! Just because its less hassle when going back to the dealers.

Coincidentally my Gemini's and continentals are up on ebay

I Have also looked at MK7 golf gti and gtd wheels but im not so shure

Where can you get 18" SRs from? I only found them up to 17" on UK sites.

Why do you want 205/5017 tyres? Why not use the 225/45/17 as per the recommendation?

Just look for tapered alloy wheel bolts, measure the length of the bolts you've got and get the same length (or add 2mm if they look like the might be a little short). You'll want M14 x 1.5 x length (29/30mm?).

I'm sure the 18" CS5s have a lower offset than ET46.

a) In snow conditions, the narrower the better, control wise. I already have 225 on the summer tire set, and do not see the reason why to push for it on the winter set if I have a valid alternative
B) 205/50/17 is also recommend and approved from Skoda, so the car will still be street legal
c) It is slightly cheaper, but this is not really a factor.

From what I know, 205/50/17 should fit on 17/7,5J ?

I have winter BBS SR 17" with 205/50 tires, ET 45 and they are ok. You'll receive in the package center hubs and bolts, everything needed for mounting. Cheers! 

• Like 1