strange power issue,, goes, then holds back under acceleration..?..

hi guys, believe it or not i have an issue. strange as this motor has been no trouble to me so far :-o hahahaha

when accelerating, some times she goes like the clappers, other times i can feel it holding back... making the right noises but not shifting the same, even my cousin can feel it as a passenger.!!

what you reckon here? because a boost leak would be a constant thing....

I've had this happen on mine twice due to two separate faults. First time it happened, I eventually tracked it down to a coil pack lifting in the plug bore - pushed it back down sorted it.

six months later second time was due to failing N75 valve - borrowed a friends one to try, when obviously sorted it, got a new one from my good used parts store Oet :giggle: .

i have to ring skoda on monday to book in for a day in the week yes,, as i have 3 L coils for sure...

after a few blasts??... hmmm, hard to say really, i have been out for a few hours,, sat down by the sea wave watching ticking over.... came out of there and it was doing it on and off.!

its wierd

I've had this happen on mine twice due to two separate faults. First time it happened, I eventually tracked it down to a coil pack lifting in the plug bore - pushed it back down sorted it.

six months later second time was due to failing N75 valve - borrowed a friends one to try, when obviously sorted it, got a new one from my good used parts store Oet :giggle: .

i dont know why but n75 valve has popped into my head actually... although you obv cant just look at it and say yeah thats it

That's the trouble, when its working or when its failing all looks the same unless you get diagnostic gear on while its doing it - good luck with trying to do that - I had more luck trying to win the lottery - was always working when I put a meter on.

• 3 weeks later...

Might be the MAF?? Do you have a induction kit? Have had this problem how often is the problem happening? Might be worth unplugging it and trying it? It'll bring the light on the dash but might be worth a shot?

Yeah I have stainless cold air pipe that runs down the back of battery and filter (cone) is in bumper.

I no the one I had one on my a3 1.8t and then used the filter on my vrs and it killed my MAF changed it and it was a different animal! The old one was reading that it was miles in the air causing it to give false readings and intermittent lack of power and no throttle response! Then sudden serges

Hope this helps?

Thank you.. I'm going to unplug maf and go for a rip now..

If I have to re-fit standard airbox I'm gunna loose that lovely woosh :-(

Cool well fingers crossed? I no but if it is the MAF then you can buy a new one and fit a panel filter and do the old skool air box mod to get that noise still!

Cool well fingers crossed? I no but if it is the MAF then you can buy a new one and fit a panel filter and do the old skool air box mod to get that noise still!

This is strange.. unplugged maf and the car was a different motor! Went like stink but... a few miles later she started holding back again..

Stopped on side of the road (at this point noticed eml had come on), plugged maf back in and she went like stabbed rat once again

Weird as hell this :-s

Maf the problem here???

What condition is the loom in that actually plugs into the coilpacks?, as these have been known to be troublesome as they harden and crack in the heat of the engine.

Looks fine to me and it not long went to skoda for recall coil packs I'm sure they would have said something 

Sounds very MAF to me dude!! Might be worth putting one on it I no they are expensive but it might make the world of difference and better running etc?

But make sure it's a genuine VAG one! Cheap ones can cause issues!

• Like 1