The West Meon Hut #12

@Lee

Have we really been doing this for a year?

I know :D I had no idea it would take off. I think I should bring a cake along :)

Have to admit though it's much better when the nights are lighter for longer and it's warmer ;)

Actually the cake would have to be in April.

• Like 1

Do we need to adapt the set up a little bit?

Perhaps we need to, when we arrive park really close, put our windows down, show off our 'banging tunes' have a chat about how many super cars we've beaten while racing around McDonalds at Hedge End. :rock:

Then we can mellow it down and go inside as per normal protocol? :giggle:

• Like 1

I know :D I had no idea it would take off. I think I should bring a cake along :)

Have to admit though it's much better when the nights are lighter for longer and it's warmer ;)

Actually the cake would have to be in April.

If there's going to be cake, perhaps I'll pull my finger out and actually make it to one of these!

Edited by mushtafa
  • Like 1

Lee, just heads up, quite a lot of west meon is flooded a the moment, I expect it will be all clear by then but you never know.

Tom, cheers for that. I've been keeping an eye on the roads out that way as I sometimes can end up working around there. Last months meets trip back was interesting, winds got up during our burger fest and it started pelting it down. Some patches where the steering went a bit light and fallen branches!

Still, not as bad as after the first meet where we had snow on the return home and a dead deer layed out longways across the white lines on a NSL stretch between Bish Wal and Corhampton. Really should have stopped and bagged it as it looked very fresh and tasty!

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

I did plan on coming along this time, but wouldn't get there until gone 8. Perhaps one month we could meet later than 7?

Sent with Tapatalk

When the evenings get lighter people will stay longer like last year :)

I was thinking that next winter we could change the meet to a sat or sun lunchtime.

Just for information, the A272 is still shut at Bramdean because of the flooding. I was up that way this morning. So if you're coming from Southampton way, best go via Bishops Waltham.

• Like 1

Looks like I might struggle to get to this one again... which just about guarantees that someone with VCDS will turn up  :S

I will make all efforts to get to the next - should be a little lighter, warmer and it's the one before my hols, so I must cos I know I won't make the May one!

• Like 2

I'd like to join in this, used to go to the Patching ClubGTI meet with my mk2 Golf GTI 16v and my mk4 Golf GTI Turbo.

Unfortunately I can't do this month as we had a baby on Saturday and both mum and baby are still in hospital (Baby still in ICU, he's ok and getting stronger).

I'll try to join in next month.  What is the procedure?  Do we just turn up at 7pm and Ooh and Aah over the cars?

I'd like to join in this, used to go to the Patching ClubGTI meet with my mk2 Golf GTI 16v and my mk4 Golf GTI Turbo.

Unfortunately I can't do this month as we had a baby on Saturday and both mum and baby are still in hospital (Baby still in ICU, he's ok and getting stronger).

I'll try to join in next month.  What is the procedure?  Do we just turn up at 7pm and Ooh and Aah over the cars?

All the best for the new baby :thumbup:

The procedure, yes we ooh and ahh a bit then have a burger or something. Lighter evenings coming so more oohing and aahing!

• Like 1

I'd like to join in this, used to go to the Patching ClubGTI meet with my mk2 Golf GTI 16v and my mk4 Golf GTI Turbo.

Unfortunately I can't do this month as we had a baby on Saturday and both mum and baby are still in hospital (Baby still in ICU, he's ok and getting stronger).

I'll try to join in next month. What is the procedure? Do we just turn up at 7pm and Ooh and Aah over the cars?

Good luck with the baby.

Be good to see you at a future one :)