VCDS Options

hi guys,

Ive tried to add the instrust gauge sweep on my 07 ( pre FL) but I odnt think i can do it, the option in the adaption is not thier. - can some one confirm this please?

I have also tried to get the Coming home lights etc, but it comes up with an error " this appears to be and uninitialized control module "  - I take it that means I cant have the option ?

thanks guys.

hi guys,

Ive tried to add the instrust gauge sweep on my 07 ( pre FL) but I odnt think i can do it, the option in the adaption is not thier. - can some one confirm this please?

I have also tried to get the Coming home lights etc, but it comes up with an error " this appears to be and uninitialized control module "  - I take it that means I cant have the option ?

thanks guys.

If your car is a 2007 model year, then no needle sweep won't work.

We've got VCDS here at work. I've activated a few things.

The second rear fog, is there already a bulb there but it's not activated?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

On the MK2 FL there should be bulbs on both sides for fogs. It is possible to enable the second but not via VCDS.

On the MK2 FL there should be bulbs on both sides for fogs. It is possible to enable the second but not via VCDS.

How do you enable it then? We've got ROSS TECH VCDS.

How do you enable it then? We've got ROSS TECH VCDS.

The lighting configuration is stored in a section of memory inside the BCM, Rosstech's VCDS doesn't allow access as it's not part of the long code or the adaptions. It's been requested a few times on their forum but never gained any traction.

You need another tool such as VCP or ODIS-e. These are able to access the memory directly and add the fog function to both channels. A few of us on here have the right tools:

- I'm near Cambridge

- andyvee is in Rossendale

- mikeholroyd is in Whitby

- eddie-nl is in Great Yarmouth

I think they are all a good drive from Nottingham so if you're ever planning a trip it might be worth pinging one of us a PM. Apologies if I've missed off someone that also have the above tools :)

Edited by langers2k

The lighting configuration is stored in a section of memory inside the BCM, Rosstech's VCDS doesn't allow access as it's not part of the long code or the adaptions. It's been requested a few times on their forum but never gained any traction.

You need another tool such as VCP or ODIS-e. These are able to access the memory directly and add the fog function to both channels. A few of us on here have the right tools:

- I'm near Cambridge

- andyvee is in Rossendale

- mikeholroyd is in Whitby

- eddie-nl is in Great Yarmouth

I think they are all a good drive from Nottingham so if you're ever planning a trip it might be worth pinging one of us a PM. Apologies if I've missed off someone that also have the above tools :)

Nice one dude. I've just been playing about with VCDS managed to turn unlocking beeps off and seat belt warnings. I can't find anti hijack though.

Anti hijack is on the first page when you open 09 central electronics. Tick the boxes for auto lock and auto unlock.

As langers has said, the second rear fog is a definite no-go with vcds, and needs equipment that will delve into parts of BCM that vcds won't access.

If you are ever up this way in the Whitby area, I will happily sort it out for you.

Mike

I'm sure I enabled my 2nd rear fog with VCDS, or are you referring to it as its a MK2 Octy?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Thanks for info..

My sounder is working fine because the seat belt chime does my head in,but left it on to save money.

Mine just seems very quiet for the indicators.

Im interested in doing the alarm chirps...is it a beep or the horn,as being the horn,time i get home,Neighbours are very fussy lol

Any videos?

Mk2 preface 58plate

Thanks for info..

My sounder is working fine because the seat belt chime does my head in,but left it on to save money.

Mine just seems very quiet for the indicators.

Im interested in doing the alarm chirps...is it a beep or the horn,as being the horn,time i get home,Neighbours are very fussy lol

Any videos?

Mk2 preface 58plate

There is a separate siren for the alarm. It doesn't use the horn.

Sent from my D5803 using Tapatalk

You learn something every day! Thanks

I guess it's quite rare for cars over here not to have an alarm. I've certainly never done any coding etc on any car that hasn't got one.

Phil

The tick-tick of the indicators whilst driving the car isn't a relay like on a lot of older cars. It is a sound made by a tiny speaker at the back of the instrument cluster panel. You can tell that if you put the indicators on whilst the seat belt chime is going -- you won't hear the indicators until the seat belt chime goes off. The sounder on the instrument cluster has been known to fail.

Mike

Oh cool! Having upgraded from my 2000 Nissan Micra there recently i've been finding a lot of things are done much more differently now! Retrofits are way harder/expensive now because of all the coding involved!

Edited by YellowSnow