Ultra Racing RARB supplied by Unit 18

Ryanfsr

Actually lot more difficult to fabricate if it were one piece and difficult to fit as well, bolts are much more forgiving when it comes to slight differences in alignment.

I'm talking about the part where the bar meets the cup.

Having that bit welded and doing away with the bolts would surely be stronger. If it was in fact more like a torsion bar than a roll bar like you explained in he other thread, having that part welded would seem to help it do it's job.

The cup part that mounts to the bottom part of the suspension leg is also bolted in, by having slightly larger holes that would help for alignment purposes.

I'm not so much doubting what your saying i'm just trying to make sense of the design, as it is a lot different to the major players in the market.

It does as others have said look more like a lower strut brace rather than a anti-roll bar.

Edited by theezenutz

Plus torsional forces would eventually brake the welds. If it was welded. And male the boc it comes in bigger.

fletch has it right, welds would fatigue and crack. This way the bar can be made of tempered spring steel and the mounting plates can be mild steel.

looking at that, i bet that makes the back end solid!!

Im surprised to hear that you've found it reduces understeer and in turn, has promoted oversteer.

I would thought the body roll would have caused it to load the outside wheel past breaking point faster.

I like the way my fabia handles, on four match tires it understeers, right on the edge of oversteering, so with a dab of throttle you can step the back end out slightly very comfortably. Not sure i would want the back end much looser tbh. ( though tighter if you know what i mean)

looking at that, i bet that makes the back end solid!!

Im surprised to hear that you've found it reduces understeer and in turn, has promoted oversteer.

I would thought the body roll would have caused it to load the outside wheel past breaking point faster.

I like the way my fabia handles, on four match tires it understeers, right on the edge of oversteering, so with a dab of throttle you can step the back end out slightly very comfortably. Not sure i would want the back end much looser tbh. ( though tighter if you know what i mean)

think your getting mixed up somewhere along line.

understeer = go straight on into the tree/bush

oversteer = going sideways/ backwards into the tree/bush

my fabia standard was set up sooo dosile on the front end and backend just stuck . So meant you just ploughed straight on in the corners.

Adding power transfers weight to the back of the car and adds grip on the back. So a dab of throttle will not cause any oversteer.. unless you driving a 68 Mustang lol

Now ive fitted a white line rarb and its put the ballence just right. Feels soo much more neutrally ballence. Keep a speed or slight acceleration and it corners perfect. Too mich power and you go straight on. Ease up too much and you first hear/feel the back end start going. Ease up more and it goes. (But very predictable and safe. Well after the first time)

I reconmend a rarb to anyone ! Even if your not a racing driver. It gives the front end that extra bit of grip if ever its needed. Even if you have it on soft

Edited by fletch101

I only have Weitec coil overs fitted at the minute and to be honest I'm not entirely impressed with the handling of the Fabia. I'm happy with a bit of under steer as I'm used to it and feel I can correct it when it appears, but what I don't like is the back end, it's just as you say Flecth, feels loose.

My old Mk2 Golf was much superior and just inspired confidence in almost every situation it was a brilliant car to chuck around in the bends and that was standard apart from Polybushes and a front Strutbrace.

I have a H&R roll bar that I will be fitting tomorrow hopefully that will change the characteristic's in a good way, I will have to just wait and see. After that I think it's time to upgrade the bushes then I have my eyes on this. http://www.awesomegti.com/car/skoda/fabia1/st-anti-roll-bar-kit-skoda-fabia-6y.

Mine dosnt feel loose.ive got a white line rarb on stiffest setting amd aslong as you kbow how you balance a car in corners its perfect.

Without teachin you to suck eggs. Do all your slowing down before the corner not on the corner. You want to be putting power down on the corner.

Unless your car has had a crash and is miss aligned or you have bad tyres on the rear there will be no reason for your back end to be unstable.

Maybe your coil overs are set up wrong? ? Never played with coilovers. Rather spend my money on the best tyres I can get ;) and still have everyday normal driving

Nah I understand the principles of driving it's just the back end doesn't feel planted as it stands.

The alignments fine I've had it checked. The coil overs are fine and they are suprisingly comfortable far more so than the Koni's fitted to my Mk1. I have almost brand new rs2's on the front the rears are ok but I will change them at some point.

I'll keep upgrading components until I get that Balance that you have.

Edited by theezenutz

Rainsports on the back are fun. They give a bit of sidewall movement before gripping. :) Even better with something stiffer on the front axle... Even OEM Contis or Bridgestones are much "tougher".

You know that ARB kit is just the front bar, right?

Rainsports on the back are fun. They give a bit of sidewall movement before gripping. :) Even better with something stiffer on the front axle... Even OEM Contis or Bridgestones are much "tougher".

You know that ARB kit is just the front bar, right?

Yeah I know it's just the front, I have a H&R rarb that I'm fitting today so I'll wait to see how that affect's the car. It's thicker than the whiteline one with no adjustment, so if the lift-off over steer is not to my liking then I'm thinking of getting a front one as well.

The ST stuff is new to the market and looks well made but the whiteline one is only £10 more it's adjustable and comes with bushes, so a decision will have to be made. It'll be interesting to hear feedback from someone who has fitted them though.

I've got joms and a whiteline rarb on the stiffest setting and not the best of make tyres and my car is planted. I've never had it oversteer with the rarb on but then I'm a fairly smooth driver as said above, slow going to into the corner and fast out. I don't know why you'd want to try and unsettle the car mid corner anyway to get it to oversteer as you'll be slower round the bends ****ing about doing that than taking a nice smooth line. If your after a "drift" look buy rwd and do it properly

I've got joms and a whiteline rarb on the stiffest setting and not the best of make tyres and my car is planted. I've never had it oversteer with the rarb on but then I'm a fairly smooth driver as said above, slow going to into the corner and fast out. I don't know why you'd want to try and unsettle the car mid corner anyway to get it to oversteer as you'll be slower round the bends ******* about doing that than taking a nice smooth line. If your after a "drift" look buy rwd and do it properly

thumbs up. lol

Should make your front end more positive and reduce back haha

think thats giving you confidence because you know its there in your mind. Plaseabo effect (yeh I can't spell)

Maybe, I've no problem with the front there's always been plenty of grip there, now the back feels like it has more too, more stable which gives me more confidence.

No doubt when I get around to changing the rear's for rs3's (I'll probably put the rs2's on the back and rs'3 on the front) she will be just how I want it.

Thanks for the advice though.

Edited by theezenutz

• 2 months later...

Recently purchased the Ultra Racing RARB for the Fabia. It's a solid looking piece of kit and comes with stainless bolts nuts and washers. Bought it off ebay for the polo 1.8t as it says in the product description and fits perfectly!

The car is now planted, significantly less body roll, and handles far better.

Pictures of mine, PS. Rust adds to character ;)

post-95408-0-75503500-1398776723_thumb.jpgpost-95408-0-74844800-1398776831_thumb.jpg