Citigo Greentech with Auriga alloy wheels

Ryn

Could anyone who has a Citigo Greentech 75 with the optional 15 inch Auriga alloy wheels (Style Pack 2) please let me know which 185/55 x 15 tyres were supplied as standard.

I realise that Skoda fit what is available at the time and that the Greentech is normally fitted with low rolling resistance tyres but which manufacturer and model type?

Bridgestone and Continental seem to be commonly used, but which tyre type and model.

Your assistance would be appreciated.

Regards,

Mike.

My Sport came with ContiPremiumContact 2 tyres in 185/55 x 15, same wheels as you mention above so can't see that the tyres would be any different between a Sport and an Elegance.

Also I have never seen a Sport with anything but the Continental tyres.  Not yet seen up close an Elegance with the upgraded wheels.

• Like 1

Thanks for the replies.

My concern is that the Greentech will be fitted with the low rolling resistance tyres such as Bridgestone Ecopia or Continental Eco Contact 3 which have a reputation for poorish wet weather grip.

The Sport and non Greentech models seem to have tyres such as Contipremiumcontact which have better wet grip reviews.

Regards,

Mike.

I've 14" alloys with Ectopics.....

Did you mean Bridgestone Ecopia. I assume you do not mean, 14 inch, skipped heartbeats (Ectopia) :blush:  

Thanks,

Mike

Hopefully Mike someone will be on shortly with a Greentech and that wheel upgrade and they can tell you what tyres they are. I have to say that the Conti Premium Contact 2's on the Sport are fantastic, just need another 100 g g's!

• Like 1

Sadly, my Citigo Greentech 75PS with the 15" Auriga alloy wheels came fitted with 185/55 Bridgestone Ecopia EP25 tyres.  I took the second and third photos on the day I collected the car so the tyres are still covered in the shiny stuff that the dealer painted on.  It makes the markings difficult to read.

The first photo was taken just after the car had arrived at the dealer's whilst it was still in their compound and before the pre-delivery inspection.

The tyres are OK in the dry but I haven't  had to try them in the wet yet, thank goodness! :sweat: .

If you click on the pics below, they will enlarge considerably.

8699638052_57d4854f53_k.jpg

8703943989_aa108ed28c_k.jpg

8705067888_092ea066ba_k.jpg

Edited by JimmyR
  • Like 1

Oh, they do on my Windows 8.1PC so I just (wrongly) assumed that they would do the same for everyone.  Apologies because they are virtually useless at the standard size shown.

At least my text gives the info that Ryn wanted.

BTW the pictures enlarge considerably on the iPad too.

If I've chosen the correct 185/55 x 15" 82T Bridgestone Ecopia EP25 tyres from the Brigestone website, they have a pretty poor rating indeed.  High rolling resitance, bad in the wet and quite noisy too according to the (flawed) EU labelling system!

Luckily, Simonj won't be choosing these for his 16" Serpens because fortunately, Bridgestone don't appear to make 185/50 x 16" Ecopia 25's, as far as I can see.

http://auto.bridgestone.eu/passenger-tyres/ranges/ecopia/ep25/?width=185&aspectratio=55&rim=15&loadindex=82&speedindex=T

12498838494_707041df56_o.png

• Like 1

BTW the pictures enlarge considerably on the iPad too.

If I've chosen the correct 185/55 x 15" 82T Bridgestone Ecopia EP25 tyres from the Brigestone website, they have a pretty poor rating indeed.  High rolling resitance, bad in the wet and quite noisy too according to the (flawed) EU labelling system!

Luckily, Simonj won't be choosing these for his 16" Serpens because fortunately, Bridgestone don't appear to make 185/50 x 16" Ecopia 25's, as far as I can see.

http://auto.bridgestone.eu/passenger-tyres/ranges/ecopia/ep25/?width=185&aspectratio=55&rim=15&loadindex=82&speedindex=T

12498838494_707041df56_o.png

Thanks for all the information which is exactly what I needed. The label from the Bridgestone website and the Tyre Review site confirm what I was concerned about, especially the poor fuel efficiency and wet grip E ratings. Have asked the dealer to notify Skoda on the order that I will not accept Ecopia 25's. If they will not play ball then it looks like I will have to buy the tyres I want and put the Ecopias on Ebay.

Thank you to all who replied, another example of the helpfulness of this forum.

Regards,

Mike.