Its a bit windy

J306TD

The wind has blown a tile off the neighbours roof just a foot from the car. I was going to move it good job I didn't as the neighbour opposites shed roof has just blown over the fence where I was going to park the car. Phew

Sent from my GT-I9305 using Tapatalk

Edited by J306TD

Just been out to check ours, it's really bad here, nothing but fields behind us so wondering how long the sheds gonna last

Your lucky, just got to my girlfriends house to be greeted with this across the drive

889DAB7B-CE3A-4AB3-A81A-4E9EF0D0C238_zps

I'm too late... I was working from home & heard an almighty crash, the tiled ridge from my roof came down late afternoon smashing all over the drive, roof of my Octavia vrs & all over the roof, & bonnet of my girlfriends Mini Cooper, I've moved them both out onto the road but the damage is done.

I've got a bit of my roof on my lawn. Think I have just lost slates and probably need a bit of repointing or something. I was working at Manchester City FC today and the conditions were terrible. All external retailers (burger vans and the like) were shut, the Programme selling booth blew over and a big window on the second floor broke. In the end the y called the match off on safety grounds. Shame we had just bust a gut to put the 'rig' in. Anyhoo, back home now, nice and warm and with a cup of tea in my hand. Still sounds a bit scary out there though :(

Very blowy from the top of my hill in Yorkshire. 2 big pines out back going to about 40 deg from upright, luckily its blowing them away from my garden/garage and the are not my trees!

Car port taking a battering but its on the east side of the house so doesn't take the full brunt of the strongest winds we get up here. No slates off yet. Both cars hiding under the car port, should be safe from tiles etc but maybe not the car port if the wind succeeds in pushing it down :(

I suspect sleep will come hard tonight, really batters the bedroom window and makes a racket. I don't sleep well through storms. 

Don't think I've experienced it this bad since I moved to Yorkshire 12 years ago...

• Like 1

Think some slates have just gone through next door's conservatory roof.  Will be having a nosey in the morning. Not going out now it's too rough.

Forgot about about our conservatory.

Hopefully still intact in the morning!

Phil

I am repairing a set of gates which came down in the last strong winds and yesterday while marking up the plywood panels i was getting blown around like a sail boat, lets hope the wind dies down by Friday as after i have painted them i and bolting the panels to the gate.

Really windy here lst night as well so glad i fastened the trampoline down - i didnt last time it was like this and it ended up on the greenhouse!

Next doors has just bluwn round the garden and finished up upside down against the hedge.